English Supporters Drinks Night in Melbourne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
marcgrant
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Storm Fans,

During this years World Cup there will be 1,000's of fans coming to Australia, many supporting England.

On Friday 31st October a contingent of 200 English fans on a tour with ex League greats Gary Schofield and Mick Morgan as well as Shaun McRae will be having an event at The Belgian Beer Garden from 5.30pm. It would be great to get as many Storm fans down there to have a chat and a few beers. There will be some formal proceedings in an adjoining private room with old international game footage and some finger food.

Please come and join us to celebrate the great game (and an English victory over the aussies ! )
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Woah, extreme deja vu  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

well if schof is coming i will have to round up all the rhinos given i watched him play for years
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

wheres the Belgium beer garden?
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

pauliedude wrote: wheres the Belgium beer garden?
The Belgian Beer Garden is at 557 St Kilda Road, Melbourne 3004 (cnr St Kilda Road & Moubray Street).  Tram routes 3, 5, 6, 16, 64 and 67 serve that stop.  Moubray Street is the next tram stop past Commercial Road.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
marcgrant
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

All,

The date has changed to Wednesday 29th October. Apolgies for this, this was my mistake.

The fans will have been on a Sporting Tour of Melbourne that day including behind the scenes tours of Olympic Park, the new rectangular stadium and the storm offices and training facilities at Princes Park, conducted by Frank Penisi.

Its sure to be a great evening with all the fans.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

their are 2 belgian beer gardens - better get the right one!
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
marcgrant
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

This event will be held at St.Kilda road, Belgian Beer Garden
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

marcgrant wrote: All,

The date has changed to Wednesday 29th October. Apolgies for this, this was my mistake.

The fans will have been on a Sporting Tour of Melbourne that day including behind the scenes tours of Olympic Park, the new rectangular stadium and the storm offices and training facilities at Princes Park, conducted by Frank Penisi.

Its sure to be a great evening with all the fans.
Is it the same time? 5:30pm

I laughed at the way you spelt Frank's surname.
marcgrant
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Yes, the time is still 5.30
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reminder that this is on tomorrow night, will be a good night with plenty of follow Storm and Melbourne based League supporters attending.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What a great friendly night.

While it would have been nice to see a few more Storm gear there I was amazed at how many of the visitors had or wearing our clubs gear after visiting the MCG, Visy Park (Princess Park), new stadium, and current stadium.

Not one SL team wasn't represented, in fact from what I saw and heard no one League team from the UK didn't have a supporter there tonight which was good.

Have to thank Marc Grant for ensuring that Storm supporters where invited to this event and I'm sure a few Storm supporters have gained new League Friends from the Motherland.  :fla_england: :fla_england: :fla_england: :fla_england:
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]