Crowd booing Smith?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

What is even more disgusting is that the wives, partners and children of our players were threatened and abused throughout the whole 80 minutes of the game by obnoxious Manly "supporters"

This is fact, Stormboy and I were at the airport this afternoon to pick Stormboy's fiance up from her flight, and we met a wife and her children booking into their flight. She was visibly upset and disgusted by the taunts and threats levelled at them last night. Security were called but did nothing ( surprise, surprise)

She said she has never before experienced anything like it and fully intends making an official complaint.

One of the taunts levelled at the wives and partners was " you can't be their wives or partners, you are all too ugly!". What upset her the  most was that there many children who were exposed to the vile behaviours of these "supporters" and this did not deter them in any way.

Manly supporters did not have their beer cans to level at opposition supporters heads last night like they always do at Brookvale, but they still were as vile, obnoxious and moronic as usual!

The media don't report this do they?????? and yes they are fully aware!

Bunnies and Stormboy :x :x
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

If that's what the womanly "supporters" are like when they win, could you imagine how feral they would've been if they lost again?!?
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

On the Waldron - Smith incident,

I think Waldron has over reacted, the crowd were booing at him because he is captain represents the Storm , not Australia , on that particular day,

Gee , we Storm fans , at the graveyard, are not exactly kind to the opposition , you want to try standing in the general admission area and hear  the abuse hurled at the opposition,

I would rather take the water off a ducks back attitude,  than have a sook about it.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Stormwarning[c] wrote: Waldrons comments were a little tongue in cheek for one and was aimed at doing at what he does best....keep us in the media's and in turn the publics eye.

Manly supporters are the sorest winners I have come across, not only did a some of there MALE supporters think it was a good idea to punch Storm women that also booed the Storm when getting their grand finalist medals.
Now I KNOW that never happen in 2007.

I did take a little offence at Cam saying at the after party that 'there were 80,000 at the stadium and 79,000 booed him......really Cameron, funny I thought we had at least 6,000 supporters there last night going from the flags and people in purple at the stadium
Still got his us v them hat on???
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I wasn't suprised with the booing.  It is hard to realise the extent of the Cam bagging that took place in NSW media when you only see a few internet news stories (for Victorian supporters).  This is what got Belamy so riled up.  The fans have been fed this anti Storm/Cam garbage for two weeks.

I agree that you only get booed if you are a good player.  Noddy says that he is pleased that he still gets booed when he is playing in Melbourne, it means the fans remember him as a player.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
thunder
Squall
Squall

It's Waldron! What more do you expect?
I hold him partly responsible for our flogging!
Loser!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can't believe some of the crap that's been made of this 'incident' (I use the term loosely) - at the game, we just cheered and laughed that they'll all be cheering him again in a couple of weeks in the Green and Gold!
Fair dinkum - have people forgotten the boos Kimmorley still gets at Olympic Park??  What about Petro last year???  It's sport, and for Manly fans, he was the villain this week.
Remember also, that he was quoted in the build up as saying that Manly fans don't mean anything to him -why would they like him when he has a Storm shirt on?? 
I usually like Waldron, but in this instance, I think he needs to have a cup of concrete and harden up!  And there were quite a few people with the Waldron opinion on SEN last night for the League hour...
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]