F**K YOU BIG TIME CHANNEL 9: YOU'VE SCREWED US AGAIN

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just fast-forwarded the Foxtel coverage and the game is listed to be on at 10pm on Fox Sports.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

pauliedude wrote:
Surandy wrote: Hmm, decisions decisions, go to a pub that will show it live, eg Rising Sun Hotel in Richmond, Station Hotel in Prahran, etc, or watch the replay at 10pm on Fox Sports 1?
How do they show it live, do they have a ch9 interstate feed.
I've gotta get access to interstate Free to air.
They aren't allowed to show interstate Nein, so they use Imparja (sp?) coverage from Central NT. It's funny coz you get hick Alice Springs ads during the coverage.

Just remember if watching pay tv on Saturday night that the game is listed as being on Fox Sports One, not 2 as is normally the case.
Kaufusis Clan
Squall
Squall

thinga87 wrote: Important numbers to call:
Channel Nine Melbourne (03) 9429 0201
Nine Network Administration Sydney (02) 9906 9999
National Rugby League (02) 9339 8500

Be nice to the receptionists, register your complaints calmly and coherently.
Ive done this ive also asked for a logical explaination as to why and they explained that the ratings of Rugby League doesnt fit their requirements. I asked to lodge a complaint and that has been done but looks like theres no hope. What next a boycot or a mass mobing of the channel 9 studios to protest.
Kaufus Kaufus Kaufus is on the bike. HEY KAUFUS GIVE US A WAVE ! YEAHHHHHHHHHH
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Actually, I'm up for a protest outside the nine studios.  :lol:

The sad thing is that we'd probably not be able to get enough people to make it look good before the weekend, and that would be an embarrassment  :'(
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Kaufusis Clan
Squall
Squall

Tigger wrote: Actually, I'm up for a protest outside the nine studios.  :lol:

The sad thing is that we'd probably not be able to get enough people to make it look good before the weekend, and that would be an embarrassment  :'(
Id be up for it at some other stage launching a full scale protest at channel 9 however it will be to no avail as they truelly believe numbers arent high enough so we have been screwed by the all mighty dollar inspired cock heads who run channel 9
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Isn't it sad that many years ago there was a tv show called Hill Street Blues. It was taken off the air by Nine due to poor ratings. So a very small handful of people (seriously there were only about 25-30 people involved) staged a protest outside the studios, lo and behold, Nine put the show back on it's programming list........

Why can't they admit Storm DO rate in Melbourne and Storm DO have support here!!!!!!!!!!!  The NRL have absolutely NO BALLS!! 

It's no use me boycotting the channel - I don't have a bloody ratings box  :x  Makes me want to get one just so I can NOT WATCH CHANNEL NINE  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Storm vs Warriors final rated 152,000 in Melbourne. Not too bad considering printed TV guides such as TV Week and the likes had the game listed as being shown at midnight or thereabouts. I expect there was also little advertising on Nein indicating that the game was being shown live.

I'll be keeping an eye on http://www.leagueofourown.net/ for which pub(s) will be showing the Storm vs Broncos game live. They usually update the website late in the week.
Last edited by Surandy on Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

nine aint even showing the friday night game live up here!!!

i know, you guys wont have  any sympathy  :lol: but ffs...they are shithouse.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
stormin_kes
Squall
Squall

Heres a link to ch9... I've emailed them and expressed my extreme disappointment at their disregard for Melbourne Storm supporters shown by the time they will broardcast the game into Melbourne. If enough of us email people power may just prevail.....yes I am the eternal optimist. 
http://www.onlymelbourne.com.au/melbour ... =3718  (sorry I dont know how to make it a 'live' link.) 
It's just a Storm in a tea-cup.
Kaufusis Clan
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote: The Storm vs Warriors final rated 152,000 in Melbourne. Not too bad considering printed TV guides such as TV Week and the likes had the game listed as being shown at midnight or thereabouts. I expect there was also little advertising on Nein indicating that the game was being shown live.

I'll be keeping an eye on http://www.leagueofourown.net/ for which pub(s) will be showing the Storm vs Broncos game live. They usually update the website late in the week.
Not to mention that the main die hard supporters all 15000 of them were actually at the game
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

whats the email address for the NRL.
Our sponsors, suzuki, hostplus, mortgage house etc must be disappointed. Might be worth cc'ing.
Fancy giving TV rights to a network that wont show it live.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:I'll be keeping an eye on http://www.leagueofourown.net/ for which pub(s) will be showing the Storm vs Broncos game live. They usually update the website late in the week.
Weekly email just received from League Of Our Own, our game will be shown live at the Rising Sun Hotel, 2 Raglan St, South Melbourne.

Anyone else interested in going there?
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

anything closer to a train station. BTW I just join league of our own.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

pauliedude wrote: anything closer to a train station. BTW I just join league of our own.
In that case, I'd suggest the Charles Dickens Tavern.

It's on Collins Street, almost on the corner of Elizabeth Street, not far from the Elizabeth Street exit from Flinders Street Station.  It's got some stairs down from the arcade about 50 metres from the intersection on the north east side.  It's a small venue, but they do good food, it has the same booze selection as anywhere else and then some, and there's usually a few storm supporters there.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

pauliedude wrote: anything closer to a train station. BTW I just join league of our own.
Not sure, with the AFL on they'll probably be showing that instead.

Just get the train to Flinders St and then tram number 1 to South Melbourne, get off at Moray St and it's a short walk to the pub.