rd 23: vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Starting team:
1. Billy Slater
2. Steve Turner
3. Matt Geyer
4. Israel Folau
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Greg Inglis
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jeff Lima
9. Cam Smith ©
10. Brett White
11. Michael Crocker
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dallas Johnson

Interchange:
14. Jeremy Smith, 15. Adam Blair, 16. Sika Manu, 17. Antonio Kaufusi.

U/20's

1. Gareth Widdop
2. Malo Feterika
3. Sam Joe
4. Zeb Tawha ©
5. Josh Jerome
6. Luke Kelly
7. Liam Foran
8. Aiden Tolman
9. James Woolford
10. Louis Fanene
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Aidan Guerra
13. Will Naitoro

Interchange:
14. Jay Aston, 15. Pulou Vaituutuu, 16. Vili Faingaa, 17. Matt Croker.

predictions, toughts etc.?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

ROOSTERS:

1. Sam Perrett, 2. Amos Roberts, 3. Mitchell Aubusson, 4. Sia Soliola, 5. Brent Grose, 6. Braith Anasta, 7. Mitchell Pearce, 8. Mark 'Meley, 9. James Aubusson, 10. David Shillington, 11. Willie Mason, 12. Anthony Tupou, 13. Lopini Paea
Interchange: 14. Shane Shackleton, 15. Mickey Paea, 16. Anthony Cherrington, 17. Ben Jones, 18. Shaun Foley

Cartman_86
Squall
Squall

Well, considering how woeful the Chooks were v the Eels last week, in theory, we should give them a touch up. But that ain't gonna happen, they ain't in the top 4 for no reason. Storm are still the benchmark in the comp, but the Roosters beat us earlier in the season ( I know it was only by 4 points, but a loss is a loss) and that will be burning in the back of the Storm boys minds.

My prediction

Storm by 18

FTS: Quinn
MOM: Slater

Go Storm!!!!!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Referee is Shayne Hayne. :roll:
Cartman_86
Squall
Squall

Cartman_86 wrote: Well, considering how woeful the Chooks were v the Eels last week, in theory, we should give them a touch up. But that ain't gonna happen, they ain't in the top 4 for no reason. Storm are still the benchmark in the comp, but the Roosters beat us earlier in the season ( I know it was only by 4 points, but a loss is a loss) and that will be burning in the back of the Storm boys minds.

My prediction

Storm by 18

FTS: Quinn
MOM: Slater

Go Storm!!!!!!

According to NRL Teams, Turner and Quinn are 50/50 to play on Friday night
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

fitzgibbon is rated as a non started - given he has the highest tackle count average in the NRl thats a good ommission for us. Quinn or zappa we could cover but both of them will be difficult with tomane injured...Sam Joe and jezz the the centre, GI to wing and proctor to bench how abut that?
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

brett anderson would get the call up if one of the wingers was out.

Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Gotta beat those Roosters to get back that 50% or above win ratio, :x
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Oh well, I suppose it's a refreshing change from the pre-Storm game wrestling/grappling allegations we've been getting at this time of the year. :roll:
Fittler fires up over whistleblowers as Roosters seek a fair go
Glenn Jackson | August 12, 2008

Sydney Roosters have pleaded for a "fair go" from referees after it emerged yesterday that the side has won just one penalty count since round six - and only four all season - with coach Brad Fittler fearing the club's problems with officialdom could cost them a chance at a premiership.
Fittler described the astonishing statistics as "crazy" and admitted the club would have to reverse the trend if they were to compete with the top sides in the last four rounds and the finals.
"Definitely," Fittler said. "I just can't imagine why we can't even compete with teams at the bottom of the ladder who supposedly have worse discipline.
"Most tries come off penalties, so it's something we've got to look at. They're big momentum swingers, helping sides out of trouble. It makes a big difference to your game.
"I just hope we get the rub of the green because that's something we don't seem to get."
But Fittler said he would not discuss the trend - which continued with a 7-3 count against them in their 28-24 defeat by Parramatta on Sunday - with referees boss Robert Finch, believing it to be pointless.
"I've spoken to Robert three times this year, and it hasn't changed the result," Fittler said. "If anything, we probably haven't won one since.
"We've just got to look at what we're doing wrong, where we're getting penalised. On the weekend, there were some legitimate penalties, but some of the calls, considering the amount of wrestling, second efforts they had, there were opportunities to penalise them."
Craig Fitzgibbon said it was "alarming" that the side he captains has been on the wrong end of 15 of 20 counts this year. One count was equal.
"It's obviously an issue," he said. "We've got to take a bit of ownership on our part but it is alarming. If we play Melbourne and get penalised 6-0, we know what the result will be.
"I don't know why we haven't won those counts. You'll have to ask the referees.
"I just fail to see how we can be that far worse than anyone else.
"We do work pretty hard on it. This is not to take anything away from getting beaten [on Sunday]. I'm not saying that lost us the game. I'd just like to have a fair go."
Tensions between the Roosters and the referees have simmered since Sunday's game, during which the tricolours were not awarded a penalty until the 57th minute.
After the game, Fittler was highly critical of referee Jared Maxwell and accused him of showing no respect to Fitzgibbon by pointing at him at one stage during the game.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

For those in Melbourne that cannot make it to the game that would like to watch it at a reasonable hour, sorry Channel Nein have stiffed us once again. Apparently this is more riveting viewing than Storm vs Roosters:
Peaches

From AFI winning director Craig Monahan (The interview) comes the story of teenage girl Steph (Emma Lung), who is brought up by her fiery aunt Jude after her pregnant mother Jass and Vietnamese father are killed in a car crash. The arrival of her late mother's diary reveals the colourful, sexy secrets of Jude and the foreman Alan (Hugo Weaving) that allow Steph to reinvent her vision of the world.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

this was in the email sent to members about an hour or so ago
Jim Beam After Party - Change of Venue

Due to the unavailability of Hisense Arena tomorrow night, the 'Jim Beam After Party' event will be held for this week at Melbourne Park Function Centre straight after the game.

Party on with Brodie, players, staff and other Storm fans! There will be player interviews, live music, Jim Beam Party Crew, Members Player of the Year voting and more!

Entry for all 2008 members on presentation of an After Party key ring. Children 15 and under are free, must be accompanied by an adult

Guest passes can be purchased at the Storm Match Day office before kick off and after the game OR from the Eastern merchandise booth.

Children 15 and under free, just collect a junior guest pass from the above sales points!

We apologise for any inconvenience this change of venue may cause

See you at the Party!
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Simon the Crowdie
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Due to The Rock Eistedford Challenge (Secondary Schools) and J-rock (Primary Schools) - been on for the last 2 weeks, started on Monday after the Titans game
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm 32 (or more) - 10.

Gonna be a tough game though.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i'm expecting a tough game - and looks like another chilly night at OP.  Just hoping the rain stays away!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm absolutely loving this commentary from the folks at crikey.com.au (from today's subscribers E-mail)
New Zealand, though, are really on the march. The Warriors have a tough one in the form of Cronulla on Saturday night but form, and home ground advantage, say they have every chance of nudging that bit little bit closer to the eight. But is it all academic anyway? Last week's bruising encounter between Manly and the Storm did nothing to dispel the belief that the two will again face off in this year's grand final, making talk of who makes up the finals numbers just idle chatter.

Tonight, the Roosters have their chance to put such notions to the sword. But Melbourne is a cold place at this time of year, and Olympic Park is where rugby league dreams come to die. Expect a swift funeral but a nice long wake for the Roosters.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!