rd 19 V Dragons - Nathan Brown attacks Storm p3 - Swearing ensues.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

if they want to look at grapples just look at the second tackle of the whole game, had his arm right over whites throat and did ref did nothing

no wonder he isnt reffing this week - he just had no control and allowed far too much slow play the ball
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

"The good part for us as a club was we turned up physically and challenged them and at times we ruffled their feathers a bit and at times they ruffled our feathers a bit," said Brown.
And the bad thing for you 'as a club' is it backfired. Maybe  you should try something radical Browny,like maybe coaching your players to play the bloody game  ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

What a great match.

What a freezing night!

From my part of the ground and not sure if you saw it up on the screen on the replay on TV, but Jason Ryles had a real go at the crowd booing him when he was sent off.  Too funny.

Just as well Whitey was benched too as he want to be part of the action when the biff was on.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dicky Stuart reeeeeally wants that top 2 position, and with the Roosters fumbling in recent weeks, he sees a real opportunity to get a top 2 spot if he could just come up with some way of derailing that pesky Storm team... but how to do it?  He isn't as good a coach as Bellamy, so that's not going to work... He doesn't have a team that's as good as the Storm, so doing it on the footy field isn't going to work...

Hmmm... maybe he should just start complaining publicly to kick-off the pre-Finals anti-Storm campaign, and to gauge interest from other noted whingers like Wayne Bennett, Graham Murray, Tim Sheens, and Dennis Fitzgerald!  Maybe they could form a club... with backing from the refs and judiciary, they'd be unstoppable! :idea:

Muahahahahaha!

Here we go again... right on cue... :roll:
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I suffered through 3 winters in Toronto, and I have never been as cold as what I was on Monday night. Still...I am proud to call myself one of the 9.3k that were there.
2012 premiers. Legit.
mcglede
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Forgive my ignorance, but Beau Scott...what did he get done for?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

his part in the fight.  Punched Dal a couple of times I believe
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

steaming stormer wrote: his part in the fight.  Punched Dal a couple of times I believe
correct.

No more or less than Slater their No 2.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
mcglede
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Sitting on the Nikau Stand side, it was obbious to everyone that the touchie on the Nikau side was watching the big screen for what was going on.  He had no view of the fight from ground level, so watched the screen and then made his report.

I have no trouble with the video ref stepping in where required, but I don't like touchies watching the big screen to make a decision.  The touchies couldn't make a decision on the night, so why bother having them if they're solely going to act as pseudo- video referees?

Not surprisingly, it isn't a shock that a touchie missed something, even if it was on the big screen (given NRL panel would have used same thing to find Scott's misdemeanour).
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote: Punched Dal a couple of times I believe

Did Dal even notice?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

mcglede wrote:I have no trouble with the video ref stepping in where required, but I don't like touchies watching the big screen to make a decision.  The touchies couldn't make a decision on the night, so why bother having them if they're solely going to act as pseudo- video referees?
Ahh, thank you mcglede, I wondered wtf that touchie was reporting on considering the ref and the touchie on the Lazarus Stand side were right there.
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surandy, he did not want to feel left out and it was cold out there by himself and more to the point his guide dog dragged him over there for a look....................... ;D ;D ;D ;D
I am back again.
Ron Supwood
Squall
Squall

My sentiments as well mcglede and Surandy. My group could not fathom how the touchie who missed just about everything right in front of him could see what was happening on the other side of the ground. The video footage concentrated on Billy and missed a lot of action around it. Dallas was very lucky not to get binned as he started punching on arrival. Adam Blair was a bit stiff as he was the last one to give Soward a bit of a touch up. Brett White was lucky - he was on the bench! Considering the attention Soward copped from various players I was impressed with his performance - he never shirked the issue at any stage.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Anybody a lawyer or know a lawyer? I think it's time we get down and dirty with the scum that is Nathan Brown! I'm sure if I make some claims about him here, they'll end up in the press eventually, and I'll be sued. He goes straight to the press and slanders our club.

If he wants war - I'm of a mind to set up a special thread where we can make slanderous claims about the lima lima lima duck. I've had enough of this shit. It's not enough that we are the best team going around, they have to rake our name through mud just to give meaning to their pathetic existences and poor performances.
Brown frustrated by Storm approach

By Steve Jancetic
    July 24, 2008

ST George Illawarra coach Nathan Brown has warned of an NRL "bloodbath" unless the game's governing body stops turning a blind eye to Melbourne's use of illegal tactics.
Brown unleashed the extraordinary and pre-meditated outburst after claiming to be insulted by Billy Slater's defence at the NRL judiciary.

The Storm full-back said he was provoked into instigating an all-in brawl by a series of headbutts from Dragons winger Jason Nightingale.

Slater successfully argued for a downgrade on his contrary conduct charge after he was pinged by the match review committee for unleashing a flurry of punches on Nightingale.

"As far as I'm concerned the only thing Jason did wrong is he didn't head-butt him hard enough," Brown said.

"That's what he should have done.

"Then Jeff Lima kicks Jason Ryles in the scrum, and then Ryles gets sent off for kicking back.

"Jason Ryles should have unpacked out of the scrum and put one on his chin and then when he went down give him more because you've got to fight the fire with the fire.

"Whingeing about it ... it doesn't do anything."

An incensed Brown claimed the Storm were getting away with murder at the ruck, and called for officials to stamp it out of the game or for other teams to be given the same leniency.

And he warned of dire ramifications should officials continue to ignore concerns from rival NRL sides, with Sydney Roosters coach Brad Fittler and Cronulla and Australian Test coach Ricky Stuart this week both voicing their disapproval of the Storm tactics.

Brown even hinted at a new type of tackle being used to slow down the play the ball, with the ‘Shinboner' - where an defender uses his shinbone to rub up and down the attacker's Achilles heel, being used on several of his players.

This just adds to the list which already includes, the grapple, the prowler, the crusher and the chicken wing.

"Melbourne have been very, very good at it (and have been) for a long time," Brown said.

"We're not good enough at it - they're better at ... half of it they invented, they'll tell you they didn't.

"It doesn't bother me they do it, but what bothers me is the officials in our game keep letting the system down.

"We went there the other night to ruffle their feathers.

"They keep letting it happen and my advice to other sides is the only chance you've got of beating Melbourne is to join in, you join in and get in and rip in a make the game a bloodbath.

"That's the only way you can win unless the officials want to change their approach to the game."

Brown made no secret of the fact his side wanted to muscle up against the Storm, but admitted that game plan was thrown out the window when enforcer Ryles was sent off for kicking Lima, a decision referees boss Robert Finch panned the next day.

The Dragons mentor, who last week signed a three-year deal to coach Huddersfield in the English Super League next season, said he hoped the red and whites were handed another assignment against the Storm this season.

That will only happen if the two should meet in the finals, but it promises to be a spicy one should it eventuate.

"I hope we get another crack at the Storm because you can tell the officials if they're going to keep reffing the way they ref the ruck, we're coming harder next time because that's the way, you've got to fight it," he said.

"My tip for every side is don't worry about whingeing about what's happening, just join in."
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the video is on the St George website, and that article is a fairly inaccurate portrayal of what I just watched IMO. Having seen it, I actually don't have an issue with Brown at all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://dragons.portal.viostream.com/...C0%2CDateAdded
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]