hoffman over-rated

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Apparently thats what some people out there think.....which i was gobsmacked to read.
THE most unwanted tag in rugby league is about to have a new owner - and it's going to be a high-profile one at that.

Rugby League Week's annual player poll hits the streets on Wednesday, with the dreaded "most over-rated player" title a battle between superstars Willie Mason, Benji Marshall and Test forward Ryan Hoffman.

Last year's winner, Manly's Jamie Lyon, has lifted his game and barely rated a mention.

This year's poll contains several new categories that are sure to create comment, including worst defender and funniest player
-news.com.au

WTF??....no way will hoffy get it. i know im  a supporter of his but fair dinkum....
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nah no way hes the most over rated, he will probably get the title just because everyone wants to give it to a storm player but it would really crush him, i actually think hes one of the most under-rated and u dont no what he does till hes gone
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
CHITTYCHARGO
Squall
Squall

Ah well it will be another addition to the trophy cabinet.......but after last night he may win it
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think he is the one that has suffered the most from the origin series. was really charged up for origin III and has been flat since then, was pretty ordinary angainst the raiders and also last night. We all know from the GF in 2006 how emotional he his after defeat, I think both he and the storm would benefit long term from him becoming the first 'victim' of bellamy's rotation system.
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Willy the Wanker has been voted the MOST OVERRATED and well deserved! ;D

Gallen has been voted the dirtiest and we won't dispute that either! ;D

Cheers
Bunnies :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sounds right on both counts Bunnies. And I presume Bellyache was once again rated best coach, or is it coach you'd most like to play under?

And on the Hoff, over-rated? Harsh, very very harsh.
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have just completed the reader's voting for Rugby League Week online Nine MSN and Hoffy is not included in the lineup for most over rated, it was a gee up obviously!

Cheers
Bunnies :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hoffy is just going through a bad patch.  Flyin' Ryan will be back and devastating the opposition in the next few weeks.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
samo
Squall
Squall

he looks tired in defence, a bit flat.

i think he should get a week 2 rest and be back ready to go for the run home to the finals

samo
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The only reason I thought his name cropped up is that this year he has been a walk up to rep teams, but that is based on the form of the last couple of years.  On current form, he's not living up to his reputation, but I'm sure he'll be back.  Don't think a week off would hurt him either TBH
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

In my opinion he looks a little tired.  Hopefully Bellyache will give him a break.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

bunnies wrote: I have just completed the reader's voting for Rugby League Week online Nine MSN and Hoffy is not included in the lineup for most over rated, it was a gee up obviously!

Cheers
Bunnies :D
His name did come up tho. he was listed behind benji marshall and mason. it said (8) next to his name i spose that means 8% of votes?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He looks like he needs to hold on to the pill ;)

He'll be firing soon enough.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

KimmorleyKiller wrote: He looks like he needs to hold on to the pill ;)
Poor Ryan - he is down on form and losing the ball at critical times (btw the whole team played average against the Worriers)
Hopefully he has a rest or gets a run around the CC Storm.  The kick up the pants will do him good...just ask Billy Slater 8)
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hoffman is having a stinker of a season. His hole running has diminished and his handling is unreliable. I think it may be a case of too much too early. Like Brett White he struggled at Origin level and I feel we are very lucky that guys like Crock, Sika and J.Smith are playing so well.

Hoffy needs a week back in the park to get a bit of fire back in the belly.