Rd 17 vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ugly but much needed win.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ugly, but damned impressive in a few parts.

Still, with nine players backing up from Origin, and only one day's training, it was OK.

We'll need to step up another level to hold onto our unbeaten record at Campbelltown next Monday and hopefully close some of the points difference between us and the bovines, err, eagles.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i thought it was great, i loved seeing sika manu defy the laws of gravity and diving over the try line.
also i love seeing geyer in this form, hes realy lifted a gear since chambers got injured.

well done boys!
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Didnt get along today,but saw an awesome try set up by Billy from Greg.Very impressive work especially backing up from SOO
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
samo
Squall
Squall

thought there may have been a bigger crowd on an AFL free weekend in melbourne.

we showed patches of sheer brilliance but there is room for improvement.

and on the under 20's loved the work by the hooker woolford, he really got us on the front foot, and the big front rowers layed a great platform.

samo
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater and Geyer just about tied for MOM for mine.  Thought Fus was really good too.  Our first contact defence though was horrible... really need to improve on that by next week
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Given the disruptions of the rep period and all the players backing up it was a fair result. I was starting to get worried late in the first half when we hadn't been able to take the lead with us having a strong wind at our backs.

Play of the day absolutely had to be Billy's kick to set Inglis up for his try, was just freakish how well they pulled that play off.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brett White played well, seems to be looking to off-load a bit more the last few games. Aiden Tolman was strong when he came on. Matty Geyer is doing a good job at 5/8, not getting caught out in defence, which I was concerned with.

Another Storm player who impressed me was Ryan Hinchcliffe, going to be a great bench player for us next year.

In the U/20 James Woolford looks promising (sorry KK) and Louis Fanene looks to have a future.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just thought Id add that Cooper Cronk is far and away the best defensive half-back in the game.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tolman is the man. Someone needs to teach hoffy how to hold onto a ball.

I watched U/20's. He looked alright. I think he's still 17 as well.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote: Given the disruptions of the rep period and all the players backing up it was a fair result. I was starting to get worried late in the first half when we hadn't been able to take the lead with us having a strong wind at our backs.

Play of the day absolutely had to be Billy's kick to set Inglis up for his try, was just freakish how well they pulled that play off.

Argee with that Surandy,

I was home due to my grandfather passing away, and i will be honest here, That was the highlight of the week and what was a tough week for me.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Pretty scrappy first half, then some patches of brilliance by a few players already mentioned above.

I think the most important thing is that certain key players are starting to hit really good form ( not that they were out of form, but are starting to lift another gear)....ie:

Slater, who i think is back to his form he showed early in the season.

inglis, has been quite (compared to usual) for the most part of the year but recently has injected himself into the game at crucial times and played awesome.

Cronk, keeps improving as a leader and a halfback, you can hear him the most out of all the players when they are playing...screaming out instructions and setting up plays, his brain is always ticking (what a good halfback should do)

Folau, has also been quite at times but when needed to pull off a moment of brilliance he is there to deliver.

Cam smith, what more can you say about cam? he is a legend.

The forwards also deserve a big mention, White has gone from a premier league player to a top notch first grade prop. Lima has also been our best up front for the past 2 years IMO.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]