Cheap flights $10 newcastle

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Newcastle won't know what's hit them! Considering the "normal" price appears to be $20 each way, it's a bargain!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I wonder what the chance of getting tickets to the titans game would be being a weekend game? Newcastle sounds good but having to spend 3 days to make sure of the game is like two and a half days too long..
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

AAS wrote:
mrpc wrote: NB: I just double checked.  While there is no scheduled (TransLink) Public Transport from the Airport to Robina Station, you can take a short hike to a not so distant bus stop if you fly into Gold Coast.

It's about 900 metres (12 minutes?) walk from the terminal to the corner of Golden Four Drive & Cahill Street.  You can then get bus 765 to Robina Station.  It runs about every half hour, even on Sundays, but not at night.  The adult bus fare is $3.60

http://tinyurl.com/26ts7y (map)
http://tinyurl.com/27lfl7 (timetable)
Yes there are train that go from Brisbane Airport Domestic thru to Robina they are half hourly
I know that, and already posted that half an hour earlier.  I also posted some incorrect information about there being smeg all public transport from Coolangatta Airport to Robina.  I later found that to be incorrect, so I posted the info on how to get from Coolangatta to Robina by bus, which you quoted out of context above.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just booked my flights to the GC for our game against the T!TS

Thank you Tiger!
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
lotti

Buzz wrote: Newcastle won't know what's hit them! Considering the "normal" price appears to be $20 each way, it's a bargain!
EnergyAustralia being a sea of purple instead of a sea of red and blue perhaps Buzz?
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lotti wrote:
Buzz wrote: Newcastle won't know what's hit them! Considering the "normal" price appears to be $20 each way, it's a bargain!
EnergyAustralia being a sea of purple instead of a sea of red and blue perhaps Buzz?
knights fans wouldnt even show up, more liike a sea of blue chairs
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I am assuming all of the $10 flights are now GAWN?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Andy wrote: I am assuming all of the $10 flights are now GAWN?
lawl, snooze u lose i guess
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

All the $10 ticket allocations seems to be "exhausted" but you can still get a good bargain with some tickets for $40 one way.

I booked a flight out for a Saturday 30th August Morning Arrival and then a Monday 1st September Afternoon Departure.

Now I'm hoping that the NRL/Ch 9/ Fox Sports gives us a Saturday or Sunday match but if they give us a Friday night match (which I highly doubt) or a Monday Night Football match (which could be a possibility), I can change my Tiger bookings for $10. 
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
aflconvert
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Just back from the Gold Coast to find an email from Tiger... They have cancelled all flights to Newcastle from 10 August... there goes the support from the boys !.. have to wait for a jetstar special though wont get near $10.. (takes it toll on a family of 6)
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

aflconvert wrote: Just back from the Gold Coast to find an email from Tiger... They have cancelled all flights to Newcastle from 10 August... there goes the support from the boys !.. have to wait for a jetstar special though wont get near $10.. (takes it toll on a family of 6)
That suxors  :(
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Agree AFLConvert.  I got the email too, thinking they cancelled the service for a particular day, however I didn't realise it was for the whole service altogether!

I'm seeking a refund from Tiger and changing my flight to go to the Panthas v Storm match the week earlier.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

its the nrl trying to give storm less of a presence in newy i swear this isnt a co-incidence.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If the NRL was investing in oil markets, pushing up the price of jet fuel and pushing down the spending power of passengers, so that airlines would start cutting routes in a desperate attempt to stave off bankruptcy, the NRL would be making a fortune right now and there would be way more than $8m on the table for a sydney club to relocate elsewhere...  :-)
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Glad I read the Bai Stand Regularly, we had flights booked for Newcastle but for some reason the tiger airways e-mail had gone straight to our junk box so didn't know anything about it. thanks to aflconvert for posting, we would have just turned up at the airport in august not knowing. :?
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!