Rnd 13 Titans - Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bourbon Rat wrote:
bula wrote: Odds are looking really good now
Storm $9.00 13+ !!!!
? Changed now http://www.sportspunter.com.au/betting?competitionid=10
No Prince makes a big difference. Glad I got on at $6
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Titans are undefeated in 5 matches at home this season

In the only meeting between the two last season the Storm ran out 50-6 winners, with every member of the Storm backline scoring a try

The Storm has won their last 4 matches in Queensland
I HATE EVEN NUMBERS - Let's make it an equal FIVE  :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

elver wrote: Does anyone know if Aiden Tolman is in the final squad of 17 for tonight?
I believe he would be.....actually, he's probably oine of the most experienced members in the team tonight!
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Are we all sending positive vibes towards the Gold Coast??  ;D

I think we'll win!  :P
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

no doubt we will win.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super Cronk wrote: no doubt we will win.

Sorry,but what I've seen of the scores so far is quite depressing  :(
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ah lima lima lima duck.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

this is one of the most frustrating games ever. i know we are missing players but FFS we should be playing better then this. If prince was there we would be getting done by 40. our discipline is horrendous as well.

The most frustrating and disappointing thing is stupid decisions by the coaching staff. Putting sam tag in centres again...c'mon. Geyer shouldn't be at fullback.

Just on the new guys, i thought Tomane has done very well. Sam Joe pretty much let in two tries by rushing in, also Sam rushed up and in too and missed tackles.

Brett Anderson improved 100% on his first game for us. Fusi, jezza, manu and lima were hitting as hard as ive seen em hit.

but again its bloody frustrating because we can win with this team...we need better discipline and players put into postions that they can play!!!!

oh and...i hope that russ aitken is off contract at the end of this year...what a waste of money.
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Considering the circumstances I think the guys did bloody well!!  Sure there are things needed to learn but at least we didn't get done by a massive margin, would have preferred to score at least once tho  ;-)   And to say Prince is worth another 22 points  :roll: if they rely on him that much they're not much of a team are they?  Basically any team who can't beat Storm in a game (where we have so many players out) before SoO shouldn't be in the comp!  :nono:
Bloody Preston is an idiot too, 'yeah, they were a bit under strength' what a tool!!!   :knob:  If you can't count Preston then try holding your hands up in front of you - see those fingers?  that's TEN fingers, exactly how much 'under strength' Storm were tonight - wanker!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well it was  tongue in cheek/frsutration (prince comment). If he were there i think they would have been directed much better and wouldnt have stuffed a few of the 5th tackle options that they did. not by 40...but i think would have had much better executions to their end of sets.

I mean yeah we did good not to get absolutely smashed im just disappointed because i really thought this team could have won the game. and the fact that stupid things like putting a second rower in the centres is so obvious!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I'm disappointed too but I think the boys did well to keep them to the score they did.  Pity we couldn't get down those near tries tho  :'(

Did anyone else notice the very flat and forward passes by the Tits??  That last try came from a forward pass in the lead up!  Shite's me no end that they got away with it  :x

I hate everyone now  :evil3:
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

why would u play a 2nd rower at 5/8 when uve got aitken and foran and geyer who can do double what jezza did.

i thought anderson was very good but was alittle too casual when he was returning kicks.

i really enjoyed watching tomane make his debut and also adam blair had a great game tonight imo
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

for sure tigger, defence was really strong up the middle i thought. Blair, jezza, manu, fusi and even anderson did pretty good, they hit hard and we had some good scrambling defence on our line at times.

now we got the stupid bye....!!!!!!!!

steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Another game where you couldn't fault the effort of the boys, but they lacked the polish to finish the job.
Defensively, we had 2 lapses that cost us points, but the effort was 100% all night. 
In attack, we dropped way too much ball, and like the St George game, the most frustrating part is that it was the senior players making those mistakes...
Was impressed with Tomane's game with limited opportunities.  He'll be a gun in the next couple of years...
Sam Joe was a bit off defensively in reading the play, but will be better for the run no doubt.  Tolman has a great work rate, but he doesn't seem to bend the line a lot... still got plenty of improvement in him though.

Realistically, we were always going to be up against it, and that's how it went.  For us to win, we had to take our half chances and turn them into points, and the 3 or 4 we had of those, we dropped the ball.  Frustrating to watch, no doubt, but I for one am proud of the effort put in by the boys!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Super Cronk wrote: Sam Joe pretty much let in two tries by rushing in, also Sam rushed up and in too and missed tackles.
Whats he to do when it was 3-4 on one :roll:
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?