Any spare cash before the end of the tax year?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Came across this article and thought it might be good to share if someone was looking for some extra tax dedications :) Of course think of Storm before the lions, but you'll get the gist.
THE Brisbane Lions are asking members to use a little-known tax break to pay for playing equipment for the AFL club's multimillion-dollar squad.
And the Lions are not ruling out using some of the donations to help fund the licensed club it hopes to build at Springwood.

The football club, which reported a $1.1 million profit last year, has already received "several hundreds of thousands" of dollars though the federal Australian Sports Foundation.

The foundation was set up by the Hawke Labor government in 1986 so tax-deductible donations could be made to "non-profit" sporting groups.

Donors send tax-deductible contributions to the foundation with the option of naming their preferred beneficiary. The foundation, which has most of its operating expenses covered by taxpayers, has since handed out tens of millions of dollars in donations.

Lions general manager Michael Bowers, in a recent letter to members, asked them to approach the foundation with donations to pay for equipment.

"We need ice vests, low-impulse magnetic machines for post-game rehabilitation and GPS watches to give players individual training programs," he wrote.

"Please note, donations of $2 or over ... will be tax deductible."

The Lions have declared themselves a non-profit organisation even though their annual report shows they reaped a $1.3 million profit last year. Because the money was not paid to shareholders and was ploughed back into the organisation, they could claim a tax-exempt status.

Sports Minister Kay Ellis has no plans to reform the program, saying she supports measures  "to get more sports money flowing into sporting facilities."

The foundation has no obligation to inform the public of where its donations are distributed.

"That's a confidential arrangement," foundation general manager Rod Philpot said.

The foundation board decides on where donations are directed but any requested beneficiaries are kept in mind.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Hmmm, I reckon I can spare a couple of million from my Powerball winnings to give Storm a pressie  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As if I pay tax. :evil:
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

only tax deductable if a registered charitable organisation, and i dont think letting in only 10 points a game can be considered charitable  ;-)
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CaptainKlutz wrote: As if I pay tax. :evil:
As if i have a job...
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Even if I had the spare cash,I sure as hell wouldn't be giving it to the Brisbane Lions or Broncos!!!
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CAC, I think you sort of missed the point.....forget any other team......think of just Storm ;)
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormwarning[c] wrote: CAC, I think you sort of missed the point.....forget any other team......think of just Storm ;)
I often miss the point,it's nothing new lol  :D
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...