Cooper Cronk

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

There' been a lot of discussion at the moment about Prince being called up to Origin - originally to cover for Thurston, but now more likely to be needed to replace Locky.

However, talk this morning is that both JT and Locky are still struggling and are both in serious doubt. A decision will be made on both of them after an opposed training session this afternoon. The hot rumour is that if both fail to complete the session Cronk will be brought into the side, and the feeling out of the origin camp is that this is more likely than not.  :?

Look at it this way;
it's not that Storm are missing almost an entire first grade squad, it's an opportunity for our young blood to show us what they've got.  :D
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OUCH !!
That would almost guarantee the halves partnership of Liam & Russell getting targetted & monstered by the Tit's pack.
The Tit's lose attacking direction without Prince,so if our pack hangs tight then our defence should manage,but breathing space for our attack,(without bombs) is critical.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Won't happen.

If the QLD SOO seclectors show a bit of smarts that they have been lacking in game one.

GI to 5/8
Prince to half
Hunt to the Centres

utility to the bench.

Doubt Cronk would be played anywhere other than half in the SOO side.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Although if Prince plays origin, and Rogers is in doubt, I think we'll get them!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

So many different things have to happen for this or that to happen...I don't like it.Lets hope there isnt a need for a 3rd game so normality can return!
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

there's always a 3rd game...

Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Really? :? A guy at work told me they only play a 3rd game if there isnt a clear winner from the first 2,like if its 2-0,there isn't a 3rd game.
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CrazyAboutCooper wrote: So many different things have to happen for this or that to happen...I don't like it.Lets hope there isnt a need for a 3rd game so normality can return!
3rd game no matter what. On the positive side, we won't peak until the business end of the season ;)
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There's always a 3rd game.  Last year QLD won the first two, and thus the series, but the 3rd was played, and NSW won that one as a consolation prize.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CrazyAboutCooper wrote: Really? :? A guy at work told me they only play a 3rd game if there isnt a clear winner from the first 2,like if its 2-0,there isn't a 3rd game.
The guy at work either guessed or just didn't know, but there is always a 3rd game - it's worth too much money to the two state organisations, as well as the TV rights and the game itself to not hold all 3 games

Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

now first this probably wont happen, a matter of fact it flat out wont. But ild like to see, if NSW wins tonight, our boys decline for getting picked in the 3rd game!

now i know everyone will say no way wont happen and shouldnt happen because it cheapens origin or whatever...but ffs, the series will be over, whats the point? apart from pride for your state..blah blah blah...crap.

to me my club is much more important then any rep game....so origin can get stuffed..

flame away.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Super Cronk wrote: now first this probably wont happen, a matter of fact it flat out wont. But ild like to see, if NSW wins tonight, our boys decline for getting picked in the 3rd game!

now i know everyone will say no way wont happen and shouldnt happen because it cheapens origin or whatever...but ffs, the series will be over, whats the point? apart from pride for your state..blah blah blah...crap.

to me my club is much more important then any rep game....so origin can get stuffed..

flame away.
Victorian???

;-)
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

NSw born and bred.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Super Cronk wrote: now first this probably wont happen, a matter of fact it flat out wont. But ild like to see, if NSW wins tonight, our boys decline for getting picked in the 3rd game!

flame away.
Sadly this line has been used for years by Super League clubs in the UK  :( The end result has been the virtual destruction of international level contests.

We are victims of our teams success & this is unlikely to change.Stand alone Origin & test matches are also unlikely to happen any time soon,but unless some form of PRE game buffer is provided for clubs then the regular home/away comp will become an unfair farce.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields