Storm vs Warriors March 17th

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

nacho wrote: also about the easter sunday game its a difficult timeslot if some families have an easter lunch
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lemme guess, you go to a catholic school right??  Cos mate, not everyone celebrates easter.....or are even good little christians  :P

And I'm sorta guessing the 'some' families who feel the need to have a special lunch for easter would really not be worried too much if they missed the start of a game...
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dani_ wrote: Nacho, for future reference, it would be wise that you don't EVER question the commitment people have to the club on here again without a damn good reason.
im not questioning anyones commitment, i no storms supporter base is the best in the league, fair enough it was getting late on a work/school night but the least people could do would be to hang around to watch the presentation of the mick moore trophy and watch the first of many victory laps.

now im not saying that anyone is less of a supporter for leaving, its just when i noticed how many had hung around i was shocked because i havnt seen so many empty seats at the end of the game, i was glad that the northern bays were still fairly packed with storm fans.

it just bugs me, i dont no about all of you
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well chose your words more carefully then.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote:im not questioning anyones commitment, i no storms supporter base is the best in the league, fair enough it was getting late on a work/school night but the least people could do would be to hang around to watch the presentation of the mick moore trophy and watch the first of many victory laps.
Nope.  Ever tried to board a late night tram and been unable to even get onto the stepwell due to the tram being full, with the next one 20 minutes down the road?
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mrpc wrote:
nacho wrote:im not questioning anyones commitment, i no storms supporter base is the best in the league, fair enough it was getting late on a work/school night but the least people could do would be to hang around to watch the presentation of the mick moore trophy and watch the first of many victory laps.
Nope.  Ever tried to board a late night tram and been unable to even get onto the stepwell due to the tram being full, with the next one 20 minutes down the road?
yep even in the afternoon too. ;-)
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I live in Barwon Heads. Parked underneath Telstra Dome at the exhorbitant cost of $23 (I attended the game by myself). I left immediately after the final siren and got home at 10.45pm. Late enough for me. Did I want to stay to clap the players off? Of course.
Sometimes at Olympic Park, I need to leave five minutes before the game ends as the train to Geelong leaves at an inconvenient time. If it's close, then I have to literally sprint to Flinders St station and then only just catch the Geelong-bound train as it's pulling out. (This is a 7.30pm Saturday night game that I'm talking about.) If I left any later and I'd be waiting around for an hour for the next train. Best-case scenario for me is home at 11.30pm. If I wait and catch the 11pm, it's 12.30am.
So, to cut a long story short, sometimes we don't want to do these things, but sometimes it has to be done.
I show my support by buying a membership, going to the games and barracking hard. Would love to clap the lads off every week, win or lose, but often I just can't.
2012 premiers. Legit.