Storm vs Warriors March 17th

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

mrpc wrote: Anyone know if they plan on having the roof open or closed at Docklands Stadium tomorrow?
Article in the Herald Sun today says "the roof is expected to be open..." So that could meaning anything...

Its gonna be a hot one...
Last edited by Hailstorm on Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hailstorm wrote:
mrpc wrote: Anyone know if they plan on having the roof open or closed at Docklands Stadium tomorrow?
Article in the Herald Sun today says "the roof is expected to be open..." So that could meaning anything...

Its gonna be a hot one...

It was open at 7:30am this morning.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

My predictions:

Storm 30
Worriers 14

HT: Storm 18 - NZ 10

FTS: Chambers 8th Minute
MoM: Cronk Dat

Crowd: 18K
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

18k would be ok.  Was hoping for 20k - not sure if the warm weather is a good or bad thing.  Coming off the Grand Prix will be interesting too
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My predictions:

Storm 22
NZ: 8

HT: Storm 10 - NZ 4

FTS: Izzy 20th Minute (anything like last time they played then scoring will be difficult)
MoM: Slater

Crowd: 21K
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KimmorleyKiller wrote: All we need to do is kick it to Vatuvai and we'll win the game.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

you see my prediction came true, give it to butterfingers and its easy  ;-)
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

It was a great game to watch as a spectator, but as a Storm fan you can pick abit more at some things but still a good game for round 1.

Ive heard some say they werent impressed with Aitken in this game, I disagree. I dont think he was spectacular but I

thought he showed some really good potential, he played well.

Lima was fantastic, I was worried about the Gap that Cross would leave, but Lima filled it well tonight, hopefully he can keep those performances consistent. Many strong runs.

Billy and Cam - brilliant as usual

Issy's run that set up Sam T was superb. Issy is one big freakin boy... I really hope he stays with Melbourne.

Dallas played well and Chambers was solid also.
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm sorry, i thought you wrote......

"It was a great game to watch as a spectator"

Was i at the same game??? Crap atmosphere, crapper work on the mic/speakers thing, even crappier on the big screen (that was 1990's stuff that big screen) and FFS, whats with the price of a bottle of coke???

Damn, i will never go back to the TD, that there tonight was a joke. The result good, value for money was piss poor.
Last edited by OzHEDude on Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i am disgusted at the amount of people that left before the victory lap and the presentation of the trophy, shit house effort its the least we could do after the boys put on a great show.

then the afterparty, shit crowd, no one near the stage listening to the band or robbo and kearns, everyone in the back on the piss and shitty mic's

i honestly hope that storm fans find there voice and haul there ass over the the afterparty

ALSO WHATS WITH AN EASTER SUNDAY GAME FFS!!! have fun with a crowd topping 4k
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

A lot of people have to work tomorrow, Nacho.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, i was one of those who put in a shit effort by not hanging around for the victory lap and the after party. Sorry Nacho, but as great as the win was i didn't feel much in the mood for partying knowing that i had to be up at 4.30am this morning for work. What else did you expect when the game was scheduled on a Monday night?

When would you have preferred the Easter Sunday game? At least we aren't clashing with an AFL game at the G. The fact is that it's Easter and there'll be many people going away and no matter what day/night it was it was always going to impact crowds to an extent. In saying that i reckon we'll get a decent crowd still anyway considering. Would you prefer not to play over Easter at all?

Not to mention having to play on Monday night in 36 degree heat which it was at kick off. Given that i'm sure the players will welcome the extra day to prepare.
Last edited by Ice on Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Disgusted is such a strong word.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I left after the victory lap.  There was no way I was hanging around to go to the social club when having to get up early for work and sitting in that heat for nearly 4 hours.

As for Easter Sunday - I'm very happy. To some people, Easter is only a long weekend and chocolate eggs.

Off Topic, but did anyone else see Mark Webber at the match last night?  I only saw him heading up to one of the VIP boxes.

Oh, and some of the younger Storm boys were sitting up behind us, one of them tucking into some Hungry Jacks.  :D
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

somehow i think the temperatures also contributed to poor atmosphere - i was too exhausted to get up much, just crazy weather and even worse with the rood closed.
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "