WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

That article is wrong, it has definitely been announced by the NRL in the last couple of weeks that the game will occur here in Australia in February 2008!

Cheers
Bunnies :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It was meant to be in Australia last year,  bu the Broncos could not play it when it was meant to be played at the end on Jan. 2007, which is before the English Super League season starts.  They had a lot of rep players in the tri nations last year and after that, the players had to have six weeks off and it could not be played then.  So the only way it could be played, was the Broncos went to England in Feb., (and lost), and the team they played re arrange their super league matches so it could be played.  Last year's challenge match was played after the English Super League season had started.  The challenge match is meant to be played before either season gets underway. 

I have also heard, that becaause last year's challenge match was not played in Australia, 2008 match is going to be played here.  I hope that means in Melbounre.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote:
Melbourne is considering whether to take the entire squad to Europe next year for a week-long camp before basing itself in England for an assault on the World Club Challenge, where it will face the British Super League champion.
From todays Herald Sun.
Was shattered when I read that this morning  :(

In 2000 when we watched at the All Star we had that moron DJ cranking up dance music whilst the game was on  :icon_frown: THAT was disrespectful  >:(

Not being given the chance to watch the 2008 match on home soil wouldn't be disrespectful
It would be a betrayal  :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

WooHoo the Boys get to give me a birthday present LOL
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
lotti

I hope it means here as well, I wonder if members will get either free or discounted entry since it's a trial game for us.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!