Storm Game Will Be On Live In Melbourne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Billy-Bob
Squall
Squall

Monday morning, (09:15)

I have just phoned Channel Nine's Melbourne office and they have told me that they will be showing the Storm game live on Sunday arvo, but no other League. I can't believe them yet, not until I see it in writing, but it seems to be good...

It seems that all the phoning and complaints may have actually changed these bastards' minds.

To everyone, please try to find out whether we're going to get decent (LIVE) coverage and if not, phone Channel Nine's Melbourne offices on 9420-3111 and give them hell.

Cheerio to all the people who made it to Brissie; we could hear your shouts and Bell's Bells all the way from the TV screen and a large extended finger to the biased, asshole commentators and broadcast crew who tried their best to keep the Stormers concealed.

With the kind of form the Storm showed in the second half, there will be a lot of raping on Sunday afternoon, but for once, the Bulldogs will be on the receiving end of it ;)

GO STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billy-Bob
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I also heard on the news this morning that the NRL are considering taking the Cowboys / Brisbane game to Townsville :shock: :shock: :shock:
As good as this would be for The Cowboys and considering that they are both QLD teams..I still think it should be played in Sydney..as are all the other finals after the 1st round !! and you only get a home game if you finish in the top 4 :?
What do you guys think??????????
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

If they play it in Sydney, they'd be lucky to get 15 thousand, not many people in Sydney would care about two queensland teams. In Townsville, they'd be packed to the rafters, 20 thousand easy, maybe even 30K. It's not a matter of giving home ground advantage, it's about getting as many people in the stadium. I'm not sure if Dennis Keefe would throw money around like Eric Watson and give away free tickets to any Cowboys supporters if it was in Sydney.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Personally it doesn't bother me, it doesn't bother the Broncos.

The NRL are thinking with their pockets. How many people in Sydney would pay $50 to see the Broncos play the Cowboys?

I'd rather see (on TV) a packed out Dairy Farmers Stadium than they empty recesses of Aussie Stadium.

I think it's a good precedent, especially for the Storm. Just think, if it had been us playing the Broncos or Cowboys we could have had the game at Olympic Park.
*Champagne football*
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah all true!!! as I said it is really a good thing for the cowboys , and as you say they will certainly get a good crowd..too bad we will be the only interstate team to be playing in Sydney on the weekend though..oh well!!! but you never know it could be to our advantage , if the Roosters supporters turn up at the game , they will be trying to get Melbounre home , you would think :roll:
Being as there is just the one game in Sydney, it may attract a big crowd , which will look good for us too , as the Roosters/Raiders game only managed 18,000 as did the Doggies game .
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

i just had a thought. what would have happened had the finals for next week had been cowboys vs broncos and storm vs warriors?
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The weekly email update from Storm (Steve Kearney - yeah right!) says the game is on ch 9 live so i'd take that as confirmation. They (ch 9) did the same thing last year if i recall. I just hope all things aren't repeated...
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yes I remember that..at that stage we stood absolutely no chance of beating the dogs..and they put it on live for all to see..seems they think we will lose this one too :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ..I am sure Ch 9 love it when Melbourne go live in to Melbourne and lose..it just strengthens their case :? :?
Be nice to shove it up em for once!!! in front of all of Victoria
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Here here!! Like i said in another post... i smell a conspiracy! :evil: :-X
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Rose......don't get ahead of yourself just yet. Witnessing the game on Saturday, i can't help but think we are the real deal this weekend. Sure, we started poorly. Bulldogs are gone.......well my money says so.
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I am confident of a Storm victory :)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hailstorm wrote:The weekly email update from Storm (Steve Kearney - yeah right!) says the game is on ch 9 live so i'd take that as confirmation. They (ch 9) did the same thing last year if i recall. I just hope all things aren't repeated...
Difference from last year was that the change from a replay to live was not done so early in the week. They had heaps of complaints on the Monday and the Tuesday last year and changed the scheduling as a result.

Next difference is that a lot more of our players have now had finals/SoO experience which will do them the world of good.

Third difference is.....umm....I forget. Oh yeah, we'll WIN!!!
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i heard about the storm game on the way to school, sen announced it around 8:25, mum nearly drove off the road she was that happy!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
gooSoi
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

GO THE MIGHTY STORM!
[img]http://www.hotkey.net.au/~jamesmcd/howedanny.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

StormGurlDani wrote:i heard about the storm game on the way to school, sen announced it around 8:25, mum nearly drove off the road she was that happy!
Good to hear she didn't drive off the road and that you are okay Dani. :D