Final Wk 1> Melbourne vs Brisbane, Sunday 4:00pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We always get interstate nufnuf supporters sitting behind us in the Western Stand, I pray we don't this week. I'm sick of their sooking.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I was second in line this morning at 9.00am and just wanted GA seats in the centre of the Lazzo stand and the three middle sections were all sold out.  Who buys all the tickets?  I go every week and there is always seats, but this week the are sold!!!! Something is not right.
lotti

scalpers, Broncos fans, player families the list of possibilities is endless.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to this press release from the Broncos this afternoon, talk of Karmichael Hunt making a comeback for this match is untrue...

Hunt and Taylor out for season 2007
Ergon Energy Broncos fullback Karmichael Hunt has learned today he will not play football again this year because of an on-going hamstring injury.

The news effectively rules him out of the NRL finals series and also next month's Test against New Zealand.

Hunt had scans late last week but results were not as positive as the 20-year-old international would have hoped.

"The scans look better but just not good enough to risk bringing him back," said Broncos physiotherapist Rob Godbolt.

"The injury is healing but not sufficiently enough to take part in the finals series.

"It really is going to take the off-season to fully recover and to give him the best chance of not having recurring problems next year."

Hunt said he was devastated by the news.

"I am very upset I won't be able to play again this year," said Hunt.

"I was very keen to come back as soon as possible, especially with the injury crisis the team has been going through in the second half of this season.

"But obviously the scans do not look as good as I had hoped.

"I just have to be patient and continue with my rehabilitation now to make sure I am ready to go in 2008."

In a further untimely development for the Broncos, teenage front rower David Taylor is also unavailable for the rest of the season.

Taylor broke his thumb in the match against Parramatta yesterday and required surgery this afternoon.

"He had a nasty fracture to the base of his thumb which required a screw to be put in," said Godbolt.

"Dave had the operation this afternoon but he will definitely be ready to play at the start of next year."
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

whats the low down on this geyer absence
they mentioned on the replay tonight that he has an injury
any one know?
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
lotti

no idea, hopefully it's just a neggling injury and he'll be back Sunday.
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Purchased our GA tix on the phone today, so look out Bai Stand here we come!! :D :D :D :D :D

Boofa had sore ribs, will be right for the game come 4pm!! :D :D :D

See you all there and at the March!! :D :D :D

Cheers,

Bunnies, Stormboy and Tazzie :D :D :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote: Ticketed! Yay! Now - if I'm reading this right, the GA tickets are sequential and are an indication of how many have been sold? I just purchased 666 and 667. Was asked on the phone about membership, said I did - and asked no further questions. Not that I'd encourage it, but if you don't have a membership, surely you might be able to bluff the system! :)

Storm by 34pts!
? 9;45 am GA 297-298-299.MANY people buying MANY seating tickets *shrugs shoulders* waste of time & money !

ImageStorm to consign the pony club to oblivion - The margin is irrelevant Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
lotti

56+ would be nice, I still have Bronco issues which seeing them knocked out not scoring a single point but having at least 56 put on them might just put them to rest.
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I went to buy tickets with Mikey at about 9.40am . We bought 24 tickets all spread out in BAY 6, where we usually sit. I streak at OP will still be intact, but I have to leave at HALF TIME to go to a family function.
Last edited by Storm19 on Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm19 wrote:I streak at OP
Umm, pass on doing that. I don't think too many people would want to see. ;)
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brisbane_storm wrote: Cool, the people's team vs the corporate team, interesting to see how it all happens when its finals.  My money's on Brisbane. 
Just as a matter of interest BS, which in your opinion is the peoples team and which is the corporate team?
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hailstorm wrote:
Brisbane_storm wrote: Cool, the people's team vs the corporate team, interesting to see how it all happens when its finals.  My money's on Brisbane. 
Just as a matter of interest BS, which in your opinion is the peoples team and which is the corporate team?
It's a good question to ask him, seeing as both teams are 100% owned by News Limited.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hailstorm wrote:
Given how many Brisbane people hate the Broncos I am guessing that must be the "corporate team".