MELBOURNE STORM v BRISBANE BRONCOS - ROUND 22 @ OP

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
lotti

yeah but I still have Bronco problems, us knocking them out of the finals might fix that but I'm relying on the Tigers for that.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

It hardly matters if we beat them again this year, the point is that nobody will beat us.
lotti

yeah it matters, they'll be 8th on the ladder and needing to win to avoid mad monday aka the nudey run.  For the Storm to put an end to not only the Bronco's season but their title defence at OP will be very sweet, almost as sweet as doing it at Telstra Stadium in a Grand Final which would be the sweetest revenge.  Like I said I have Bronco issues.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Brisbane_Storm wrote: Good game by both sides, Melbourne deserved winners . . . even if geyer's try wasn't there
Wasn't where?

Watch the replay, Geyer grounded the ball. The hand nearest the touch judge didn't leave the ball until after it was grounded.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Andy wrote:
lotti wrote: it was good, had the colours on, Petro was one of them I heard him on sports ears trying to get grapple penalties at least I think it was him.
I'm sure that would be him (squealing like a pig suits him - he a damn sight uglier than a pig though and I'm sure they are more intelligent too!)

Ever since he had a go at Whitey and then his ugly mate Toni smashed his face in SOO I - I despise him.
Also had refs' ears on Petro was whinning at everything, even decissions that went to his team. also hodges was going to smash the **** (inglis) next time he gets the ball. Sorry hodges must have missed it when you did it :D. Also never herd any of the Storm players question any of the refs mistakes. this was mentioned and the fans forum thing and think it is a great effort from the players to conduct themselves in such a way on the pitch.

well done lads
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brisbane_Storm wrote: . . even if geyer's try wasn't there. 
Yes it was!!!!  :D
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

STORM*2*VICTORY wrote: What's with the 13K crowd?  IMHO, the crowd was easily around the 15K-15.5K mark.  Swan Street GA (nearest to the electronic scoreboard) was fairly packed.
I thought there were more.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Given that officialdom gives the Broncos a dream run, and Bennett still has the nerve to complain, and the players were doing a number of dirty things, I felt no shame in giving them the little finger/tiny dick symbol from the Lazarus stand right above the tunnel as they left at full time.  It was fulfilling :-)
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
lotti

way to go mrpc, I also don't have any qualms in calling them dirty rotten cheaters during the game.  Is it just me or do we have a close game when I wear some sort of cosmetic to the game?  Tigers game I wore gold eye shadow pencil and on Sunday I wore nail polish.
Last edited by lotti on Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
Brisbane_Storm wrote: Good game by both sides, Melbourne deserved winners . . . even if geyer's try wasn't there
Wasn't where?

Watch the replay, Geyer grounded the ball. The hand nearest the touch judge didn't leave the ball until after it was grounded.
Mate, I don't know when or where you hopped on the bandwagon, but where I come from rugby is the only game and that is no try.
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

lotti wrote: yeah it matters, they'll be 8th on the ladder and needing to win to avoid mad monday aka the nudey run.  For the Storm to put an end to not only the Bronco's season but their title defence at OP will be very sweet, almost as sweet as doing it at Telstra Stadium in a Grand Final which would be the sweetest revenge.  Like I said I have Bronco issues.
Broncos are cool, it's the nsw teams you need to worry about.  Most of our side is made of qlders anyway.  The important game is against the eels and they are high enough on the ladder to worry us.
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brisbane_Storm wrote:
Surandy wrote:
Wasn't where?

Mate, I don't know when or where you hopped on the bandwagon, but where I come from rugby is the only game and that is no try.
Well were we come from, it's Rugby LEAGUE.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brisbane_Storm wrote: Mate, I don't know when or where you hopped on the bandwagon, but where I come from rugby is the only game and that is no try.
Goal, You barely know your Soccer on the Victory forum so what makes you an expert on Rugby League?
Ask anyone who was standing at the Swan St end of the ground on Sunday and in real-time, Boofa had downward pressure on the pill. 

Mr. Bean had enough confidence with his touchies and his own judgement to award the try without video assistance.

Time to go back to the Victory forum, troll
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

STORM*2*VICTORY wrote:
Goal wrote: Mate, I don't know when or where you hopped on the bandwagon, but where I come from rugby is the only game and that is no try.
Goal, You barely know your Soccer on the Victory forum so what makes you an expert on Rugby League?
Ask anyone who was standing at the Swan St end of the ground on Sunday and in real-time, Boofa had downward pressure on the pill. 

Mr. Bean had enough confidence with his touchies and his own judgement to award the try without video assistance.

Time to go back to the Victory forum, troll
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Well said S2V! The troll has shown it's true colors for all of us to see. Damn that ignore button comes in very handy! ;-)
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Brisbane_Storm wrote:Mate, I don't know when or where you hopped on the bandwagon, but where I come from rugby is the only game and that is no try.
As others have indicated, the game the Storm play is Rugby League and in that game that was a fair try as Geyer had downward pressure on the ball.

I don't know about the rules of Rugby Union and I don't really care. Not even sure why you are talking about Union in a post about League.