MELBOURNE STORM v BRISBANE BRONCOS - ROUND 22 @ OP

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not the best game I've seen, but still, we won, if nothing else...

Bellamy said in the post-match today that our defence was pretty good. I think it was probably helped by their lack of ideas in attack. To be fair, our attack wasn't much better than theirs. We're not really looking like premiership favourites right now IMHO, but I'm sure we can correct that...

I still think the Eels are going to be confident of spoiling our perfect home record in 2007 on Friday night, so we'd better be mentally AND physically prepared...they'll be stinging after that golden point loss to the Goldfish...

That bloody Hodges is a smarmy prick. Trying to milk penalties (well, a few of his teammates did that too), and that shove on Steve Turner, what was that in aid of? What does it prove? Only that Hodges loves to make a complete :knob: of himself (well we all knew that anyway :roll:)

A few positives though - Kingy's hit on Thaiday was a good one, right up under the ribs, sat him on his fat arse, and was it Lima who put that don't-argue on Perry? What a ripper! And Inglis's try - wow! Vintage GI - what more needs to be said?

And if Dagwood Bumstead is the best ref in this competiton, well, FFS...you know what they say, if you can't say anything nice...(which is why I will reserve my comments about some of the Ponies fans I had the misfortune to encounter this afternoon :roll: )
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Russell Coight wrote: A few positives though - Kingy's hit on Thaiday was a good one, right up under the ribs, sat him on his fat arse, and was it Lima who put that don't-argue on Perry? What a ripper! And Inglis's try - wow! Vintage GI - what more needs to be said?
King did a few great hits. He always lifts against QLD teams :lol:

GI's game was the toughest I have ever seen him play.

Storm better get used to these type of tactics against them 'cause thats the way all teams will try to take the Storm on.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brownzay wrote: Anyone observe the half time entertainment in general admission?
If you meant the little kids (including one brave boy - good on him I say) doing the cheerleading?

I actually thought they did a better job than the Storm Cheerleaders....at least they did more difficult flips, lifts, etc...much more like Bring It On.

As for the refs today..... :text_yb_wtf:

I did get excited when a Kingy got into a bit of BIFF!!!

Did anyone watch the chopped down replay on Foxtel tonight - dumb and dumber who were commentating would not shut up about Storm's Grapple Tackles.... :showback:
lotti

it was good, had the colours on, Petro was one of them I heard him on sports ears trying to get grapple penalties at least I think it was him.  I'm just glad I had my flag this week so I could celebrate Joe's try like a good fan should.  The score wasn't my requested 56-0 but at least we kept them out for the most part.  I just hope Kingy isn't penalised too much for what happened after the hit on Zappa.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

lotti wrote: it was good, had the colours on, Petro was one of them I heard him on sports ears trying to get grapple penalties at least I think it was him.
I'm sure that would be him (squealing like a pig suits him - he a damn sight uglier than a pig though and I'm sure they are more intelligent too!)

Ever since he had a go at Whitey and then his ugly mate Toni smashed his face in SOO I - I despise him.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Andy wrote:
Brownzay wrote: Anyone observe the half time entertainment in general admission?
If you meant the little kids (including one brave boy - good on him I say) doing the cheerleading?

I actually thought they did a better job than the Storm Cheerleaders....at least they did more difficult flips, lifts, etc...much more like Bring It On.

Did anyone watch the chopped down replay on Foxtel tonight - dumb and dumber who were commentating would not shut up about Storm's Grapple Tackles.... :showback:
he was talking about the fight between 2 dropkicks in the stand behind the goal posts .
hard to miss really, with all those floro police/security vests flying everywhere
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
lotti

during a replay he kept saying look at that, look at that when it showed one of the tackles he believed was a grapple one.  Bennett has even gotten into the act, not sure if he heard me but I told Craig he's surpassed Bennett.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Andy wrote:Did anyone watch the chopped down replay on Foxtel tonight - dumb and dumber who were commentating would not shut up about Storm's Grapple Tackles.... :showback:
It could have been worse, Ikin could have been covering this game!  :P
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote:
Andy wrote:

he was talking about the fight between 2 dropkicks in the stand behind the goal posts .
hard to miss really, with all those floro police/security vests flying everywhere
Oh, whoops.  Bit hard to decipha such an open ended question.  :laugh:
lotti

Surandy wrote:
Andy wrote:Did anyone watch the chopped down replay on Foxtel tonight - dumb and dumber who were commentating would not shut up about Storm's Grapple Tackles.... :showback:
It could have been worse, Ikin could have been covering this game!  :P
That would've been alot worse Andy, Ikin is Bennett's puppet aka son in-law.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

What's with the 13K crowd?  IMHO, the crowd was easily around the 15K-15.5K mark.  Swan Street GA (nearest to the electronic scoreboard) was fairly packed.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
lotti

Nikau wasn't, row F had very few people in it.
evilc
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Just saw Bennett winge on the news like a cracked record 'grapple' tackles, maybe he should have a look at his own players elbow/hands in throat, knees in back not to mention head tackles. But there again he's allowed to condone his team after all in their eyes it's only Melbourne.
evilc
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote:
Andy wrote:

Show Ponies fans deliberately trying to provoke the opposition fans into fights? Nah, couldn't be, as if they'd ever do that ;-) :roll:

There were a couple of smart-mouth two-heads (Show Ponies fans) at Richmond station after the game, both of them pissed, trying to bait the Storm fans there but getting little or no response. Of course those two Show Ponies arsewipes conveniently failed to acknowledge that they'd just been beaten in this match. They looked like something out of Deliverance, or Cletus from the Simpsons (so do most Ponies fans - if one of them had said "you got a pretty mouth, boy" I would've run like hell in the opposite direction!) :mrgreen:
evilc wrote: Just saw Bennett winge on the news like a cracked record 'grapple' tackles, maybe he should have a look at his own players elbow/hands in throat, knees in back not to mention head tackles. But there again he's allowed to condone his team after all in their eyes it's only Melbourne.
Snivel-iceva (the lima lima lima duck crybaby!) was bullshitting on about it in the H/Sun today too - if they claim that we're the only side in the NRL who does it, he & Bennett are proving themselves to be vicious hypocrites - and BLOODY SORE LOSERS too! :thefinger: It's no more than a blatant, cynical attempt to put us off our game!

Typical lima lima lima duck Show Ponies, can't lose (or win!) graciously  :roll: :roll: :roll:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

Good game by both sides, Melbourne deserved winners . . . even if geyer's try wasn't there.