Peter O'Sullivan Gone

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i wouldnt say thats the end of our young stars.
we just need to know where to look and find exactly what were looking for

this generation of kids 16-18 is full of future stars IMO when i watch senior teams play for clubs i recon half of there players could hold there own against players in the NRL

when my generation is being chosen to play the level of skill will rise heaps
just watch and ull see
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

That news only made the paper today :)
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

news here on the bai stand moves quick!
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

Quicker than Bai himself?
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Big loss, but it wont stop us signing young up and comers, show me one junior that would turn down a chance to play under belly ache(future nsw coach). And be part of a winning club.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Russell Coight wrote: And guess who O'Sullivan will be replacing as Roosters' recruitment officer? None other than rugby league legend Arthur Beetson, who has filled that position for a decade. It will likely spell the end of Big Artie's association with the Chooks. He was a premiership-winning captain as well as a coach.
bourbon_rat wrote: $ overkill & a contract from the plucked chooks  :roll:
Surprised that Beetson is staying on in a 'development' role  :?
Brian Canavan, Roosters CEO, said the new appointment aims to build on the work and success of Arthur Beetson in identifying recent elite talent like Anthony Minichiello, Chris Flannery, Sam Perrett, Setaimata Sa and the Paea brothers.

“It is exciting to have Peter on board with his track record in identifying talent such as Greg Inglis, Billy Slater and Israel Folau with the Melbourne Storm. I am particularly pleased that Arthur Beetson will be remaining in his existing role of development, which will complement the talents of Peter O’Sullivan.

Arthur will also continue his work in the development of our junior representative coaches and players.

The Club is indeed fortunate to have two experienced scouts in Peter and Arthur guiding many exciting young players committed to the Roosters.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't mind me, I just got myself all confused... :confused2: :sorry: :geek:   :oops:

I'm having one of "those" days #-o

The article about it in this week's Rugby League Week, "Pinching Pete" (sorry I don't have a link), has a slightly different slant on it. It says Beetson was unaware of the Roosters approach to O'Sullivan, and that Artie admitted his long term future with the club would be uncertain if O'Sullivan came on board.
"I wasn't aware that the Roosters were talking to him, I actually saw Peter at the Roosters v Warriors game on Sunday," Beetson said. "I can understand if they're assessing their options, and if they sign Peter, I guess I'll just move on. I've had another job offer myself, so while I love the Roosters, it's not the end of the world for me if I have to leave"
Okay, now I'm REALLY confused... that's it, I'm going to bed right... :sleepy2: ...raisin toast please... :mrgreen:
Last edited by Blitzkrieg on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH