Storm on SEN tonight

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

VFL rates more coverage on that joke of a station than all things Rugby League.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

They won't be covering Sunday's game. SEN covers the early AFL (1pm) and twilight games (5pm) back to back. They might give a score update just before midnight... but that's about it!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I'm sick of the coverage RL is getting... Just posted my response at http://www.sen.com.au/index.php?action=feedback

Feel free to send in your own tirade.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Rant added.
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rugby league is getting covered on AFLEN SEN?  They must be feeling sick or something, or it must be an incredibly slow AFL news day (or these painkillers I'm on are much too strong!) ;D
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote: VFL rates more coverage on that joke of a station than all things Rugby League.
I waited an hour last nite to hear what happened at the game, in the end i had to wait for the hourly news update and that is a 3aw feed.  So no points for aflen.
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Rubbish finey gave the score several times and I ehad it. we never had a 1 hour show. we used to have half a hour between 11:30pm and midnight so 9:30pm till 10pm is a bgi improvment. the reason there wasn't a storm half hour last week is because we were palying away so obviously Dean Lance couldn't come in. Also Brian Waldron is on there for a hour every Friday morning. tried listening to 3aw they have a 2 hour show called sports today Monday to thursday, I'm not kidding but in a whole week they would be lucky to spend half a hour on sports other then aussie rules. ABC gives us very little either.

If you feel there isn't enough rugby league on SEN send them a email and express your feelings. the reality is the Storm segmant hasn't had many calls lately. Maybe instead of of bagging SEN you guys should call up during their league segmant and they might realise they should give us mroe coverage but if people don't bother calling why would they. I don't wanna be the only one calling up so how about some of you guys who are bagging SEN calling up and letting them know that their is support for more league on the stations, even mention it when you call up
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mikey wrote: Rubbish finey gave the score several times and I ehad it. we never had a 1 hour show. we used to have half a hour between 11:30pm and midnight so 9:30pm till 10pm is a bgi improvment.
Technically the Kirk and Cappy were on from 11pm to 12am on Tuesdays, along with Craig Bellamy on for an hour on Friday mornings (Waldron took over his segment) as well as Boofa doing a tipping role on Friday afternoons, he would tip AFL and an AFL personality would tip NRL (was usually during a segment that also involved a netball player as well).

Rugby League gets less coverage on SEN now than they did a couple of years ago, and people don't ring up now because they are sick of banging their heads against a brick wall.
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

Tigger wrote:
Brisbane_Storm wrote: The programming isn't reflective of the popularity of AFL, it's just lack of imagination.
And you know this because?

Like I said, you go get the job of programming manager and you can make all the necessary changes to the schedule - or you could let SEN know how you feel  ;-)
I know this because I hear discussions about 1986 afl goal umpires on sunday nights ahead of any news about a rugby game that just happened. 
Brisbane_Storm
Squall
Squall

The Storm should have an hour, if boxing has an hour, if victory have an hour, then storm should too.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who's hosting the show now evas been givin the flick, is it Feiney(?), he's a good operater and really knows his league, probably the best on the station.

Now if only they can piss Watson and that other dip-shit off from (not Brownless, he gives us a go) the morning show. You can tell Andyyyy went to a private school he talks glowingly about Union.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Frankie Leach used to give us a fair run, I had many an on air chat with him about the teams, rules and interpretations.
Don't know what he's like now - I move up here not long after he went to Vega; wasn't that a fine career move?  :o
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bellamy never had a hour on SEN and we definetly get more coverage then we used to. Kirk was definetly only on for half a hour and we had to pay SEN for that half hour. so half a hour at 11:30pm or half a hour at 9:30pm. KB also has Cronk on. Even Dooran who hates league has Robbie Kearns on twice a week. the overnight guys are always happy too talk about the Storm and give us a good go. We clearly get more coverage then when it first started.

Yes boxing may get a one hour show but very rarely gets coverage outside of that.

If people don't ring up their is no reason to give us coverage. Trust me I have worked in radio. I don't want to infight with Storm fans but ring up or shut up
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Around the time SEN started Bellamy used to be on KB's show between 10am and 11am. Every RDO I would ring up. Then when it finished at 11am I would drive to Geelong to visit my mum, on the way I would turn over to K Rock at 11:30am to hear Robbie Kearns 5 minute segment. When the season started I would also listen to SEN on the way home to catch the tipping on Francis Leach's program, was usually on about 3pm or thereabouts.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mikey wrote: Bellamy never had a hour on SEN and we definetly get more coverage then we used to. Kirk was definetly only on for half a hour and we had to pay SEN for that half hour. so half a hour at 11:30pm or half a hour at 9:30pm. KB also has Cronk on. Even Dooran who hates league has Robbie Kearns on twice a week. the overnight guys are always happy too talk about the Storm and give us a good go. We clearly get more coverage then when it first started.

Yes boxing may get a one hour show but very rarely gets coverage outside of that.

If people don't ring up their is no reason to give us coverage. Trust me I have worked in radio. I don't want to infight with Storm fans but ring up or shut up

Hold on a sec mikey, I used to ring up all the time about the storm. I sent about 30 e-mails and rang about 100 times and how many times did i get a phone call or e-mail? NONE. I always talk about the Storm and spread the word but it is like :banghead:

*lima lima lima duck* SEN!!! :thefinger: :thefinger:
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND