Matt King gone

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'll miss you Kingy!  :icon_frown:

Let's hope you can leave on a high with a win in the big one.

And eventually come back to the club that set you up one day.
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

jellyhead wrote:And it's now been confirmed - no surprise really.
True. it would surely have to be one of the worst kept secrets (if not THE worst kept) in the NRL. Best of luck to Kingy, he's served the Storm well, I hope he gets to take a premiership ring to the UK.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good luck to Kingy.  Sure, it's a shame to see him go, but that offer really is too good to say no to.  Perthstormer, there is no point even comparing the pay to a regular job, for the main reason being the lifespan of a football career is generally 15 years tops.  With Matt starting late, it's closer to 10.  Compare that with the average life spent working - closer to 45+years (sad isn't it!!!) and that's why they have the chance to secure life after football.
It's happened before, and no doubt will again, but we'll cover his loss and life will go on.  The club is always bigger than the individual
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
lotti

Russell Coight wrote:
jellyhead wrote:And it's now been confirmed - no surprise really.
True. it would surely have to be one of the worst kept secrets (if not THE worst kept) in the NRL. Best of luck to Kingy, he's served the Storm well, I hope he gets to take a premiership ring to the UK.
the boys will probably be determined to send him off a winner, as if last year's GF loss wasn't enough insentive.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

lotti wrote: the boys will probably be determined to send him off a winner, as if last year's GF loss wasn't enough insentive.
Do you think lotti that they may even want to win for themselves as well....... ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Danica Jane
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I applaud Matt for making the decision to go to England at this point of his career. He could have stayed here for a few more seasons and gone over then but that could be the difference $200,000-$300,000 a season. Out of all our current first grade players I think he deserves it more than anyone, to say Matt has no loyalty is absolutely ridiculous. Let's not forget what Matt has been through to get to this stage in his career, where teams are offering him such a massive contract in England.
Last edited by Danica Jane on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
You've got to quit your little charade and JOIN THE FREAK PARADE!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Kingy is definitely still a fan favourite. 

During Monday night's victory lap, Kingy, Billy and Clint were very busy with the happy snaps and autographs.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
lotti

I was amoung those wanting his signature, I also wanted a word with him about him signing with Warrington.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Yeah it was great to watch Clint with the fans - if he stays he could also become a crowd favourite
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti wrote: I was amoung those wanting his signature, I also wanted a word with him about him signing with Warrington.
Are you going to ask him "Wire you doing this?"

;D

:icon_jokercolor: :sunny:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
lotti

no I wanted to yell at him for inacting his get out clause but it sounded more like a whinge.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti wrote: no I wanted to yell at him for inacting his get out clause but it sounded more like a whinge.
Duck lotti.

*SWOOOSH*

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

lotti wrote: no I wanted to yell at him for inacting his get out clause but it sounded more like a whinge.
That's because it is a whinge. And yelling at him is a good way to make him glad to be going.
pommy storm
Squall
Squall

TC wrote:
Duck lotti.

*SWOOOSH*

I got it TC,
Probably not aware that before the 'invetion' of superleague clubs had traditional nick-names.

Warrington = the wire
Bradford = Northern (also steam pigs i think??)
Leeds = loiners (no typo, not lioners)
Salford = red devils
Hull FC = airlie birds, later The Sharks
Hull KR = robins
Wakefield = trinity (no wildcats)
wigan = pie-eaters (not official!!) now officially 'salary cap dodging B"$&$ds'
St Helens = Saints (Yawn!!)
Harlequins = london broncos
Huddersfield = fartowners

I will stand corrected on any of the above :)
When the red, red robin goes bob,bob,bobin'
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Kingy and Clint were so happy running around the track at the end of the game - they were like little kids.