Round 8 - Tigers V Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not judging you KK - I tip with my head, not my heart, and I too tipped against them this week (and last actually).  I reckon a loss has been coming for a few weeks now, but I didn't expect it to come like it did tonight.  I thought we'd at least play OK when we finally did get beaten.
lotti

maybe, it's just good that it didn't happen last week.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Insomniac wrote: Agreed.  From the moment he blew the whistle for that pathetic decision (which he made from 15 metres away), it was Game Over...
I called game over the scrum before the try that made it 22 - 0 prior to half time :(
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The Players never turned up to play tonight  :(
This is how my evening panned out

1700 hrs,(5pm) - Son & Daughter in law turn up at my place
1915 hrs - Head off to brother's house to watch game on Foxtel
1925 hrs - Brother informs us his TV just blew up  :shock2:
1935 hrs - Fire up NRL scoreboard & ABC audio feed back at my place
Endure pathetic 1st half & start to see/hear comeback in 2nd half
2050 hrs,(8:50pm) - NRL & audio feed goes offline
By the time I get scores from elsewhere the game is almost over

No doubt The Brother, Son & I will cop crap at our respective jobs on Monday for the loss

My brother will get a new TV,(probably partially grateful he didn't have to watch the game)
My Son & Daughter in law will enjoy the rest of the weekend
I will enjoy the rest of the weekend,(Wife & self going to Cirque du Soleil)  :)

The players however are not that lucky.Even if they want to forget - They can't & I doubt Bellyache will allow them too !
They need to dwell on it - Taste it - Learn from it - Then they may be able to consign it to forgetful memory.

See you all Monday week Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Must give raps to Hoffy and Bill tonight though, were outstanding in an out-played team.

If Billy isn't the best fullback in the comp currently then im not here.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
clock off
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looks like everyone slacked off while the boss was away.  
We do where I work anyway.
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That was a complete & utter debacle! Absolutely NOTHING went right - well ok, we got those 2 tries in the 2nd half, but other than that, absolute shite.  That offside decision against Billy (who I thought played well in a beaten side)...FFS that was just total *I SHOULDN'T SWEAR, But I have anger issues!*ing rubbish, *I SHOULDN'T SWEAR, But I have anger issues!* IT!!!!!!!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:   :mumum: :angryfire: :cussing: :angry5: angry9: angry9: angry9:

To rub salt into an already gaping wound, I tried numerous times to get on here during the game, but without success :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: (ah well, maybe that wasn't such a bad thing...;-) )

OK I admit the Tigers were better than us tonight, they were worth their win, but as clock off said, the more used you are to winning, the harder it gets to take a loss...but I'll get over it ;-) ...I just hope the guys will learn from this, and be a better side for it next Monday night (unfortunately I may not be able to make it due to work commitments, ah well, c'est la vie...) :)
clock off wrote: Looks like everyone slacked off while the boss was away.  
We do where I work anyway.
Ditto here! :thumbleft:  :cya:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat May 05, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Oh well, we had to lose sooner or later. The Tigers away from OP is always a big task. Lets hope we re-group during this week and beat those Bankstown Bullshit *unts on Monday week. I'll be bloody pumped up for that game as they are the team I hate more than any other.
Last edited by Storm19 on Sat May 05, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't even think the Tigers were that good either, that's how bad we were!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We were awful.  They were without Benji and Hodgson ans still, they managed to beat us with one man - Robbie Farar.

That is quite possibly the most dominant display from one single player I've seen in a long time.  We had no answer for him. 

That said - we would have lost to anyone with that display tonight.

I hope that, like last year, the Broncos game took it out of us, and we got a loss that we needed to have out of the way. 

Could it be another case of the Crocker curse?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I seriously don't know what happened to the guys for this game but damn me but I will be yelling, screaming and cheering 'em on against the Bulldogs. I have been quiet this year in comparison to previous years but I have set myself the goal to have no voice on the 15th!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tonight was the worst Storm game I have ever witnessed. :x :x

They did not show up, add to that, Archer is well known for favouring the home team, all their tries were scored from penalties, what was the penalty count, we have no idea, not shown on the screen etc! :x :x

Billy would have scored fairly, was not offside!

AND WHY WASN"T DANNY GALEA sent off???????????? the worst spear tackle I have seen! :x :x

For the 1st time ever we did not go and see the boys after the game, they knew we there, couldn't miss the banners, flags and noise, but we decided no, they did not deserve a win tonight and we were angry! We can cop a loss on the chin but not like that, very lucky the score was not much higher with the dropped and fumbled balls! :'( :'( ???

I hope I never witness a debacle like that again! :o

Look out Bulldogs, Bellamy will fire a bazzooka up the boy's collective butts and they will better show up and  send those mongrels to their kennels! :

Will see who travels to Brookvale Round 11, we will be eastern side GA about the 50 metre line! :D

Cheers
Bunnies, Stormboy and Tazzie :) :) :)
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
lotti

oh no did Chris Ward strike again guys?
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Oh waah waah waah chicka waah waah, so Storm lost - big farkin deal - try being a Richmond supporter!!  :P

The Tigers played bloody well!!!  They did really well and look bloody good!

So we lost a game, it's not the bloody end of the friggin world people - shit happens!

There's always next week  :D   I'm so used to saying that for my Tiges  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
lotti

lol, yep next week we'll be there rain, hail or shine at OP or the Dome whatever the case may be to cheer them onto victory against those bloody Bulldogs.  Well all of us in Melbourne and except for Bella who will be cheering for the Bulldogs.
Last edited by lotti on Sun May 06, 2007 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.