News -Storm negotiating Dome switch

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Goat
Squall
Squall

Buzz wrote: Just rang the club, cause I was getting impatient. Apparently it will definitely be at OP and not TD.
Wtf???  I thought OP was booked for Rd 9?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

good news for mine.  We're not ready for the dome - and especially not on a monday night which is already going to be an experiment for us.  The last year with monday night games we were at the dome and wasn't exactly a spike in attendance
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Goat
Squall
Squall

It's bad news, it's just AFL trying to keep us down again as usual.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Goat wrote: It's bad news, it's just AFL trying to keep us down again as usual.
How is it the AFL? We get to play at our home stadium rather than being forced to play at a venue which has never done us any favours.

The Ancients believed that "the name defines the thing". Basically, if you know somethings true name you know everything about it.

Goat by name, Goat by nature.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Goat
Squall
Squall

TC wrote:
How is it the AFL? We get to play at our home stadium rather than being forced to play at a venue which has never done us any favours.

The Ancients believed that "the name defines the thing". Basically, if you know somethings true name you know everything about it.

Well I just see how well the victory have done and thought that could be us.  They were only averaging about 15k at OP and now they are at 30K or something.

After 10 years its time to take a risk.
Goat
Squall
Squall

TC wrote:

Yeah but then we starting counting our years upwards.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Goat wrote:
TC wrote:

Yeah but then we starting counting our years upwards.
Oh god, the guy's an intellectual  :lol:  Waaaay too intelligent for the likes of us  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think this is a little disapointing although im not overly fussed. I think if we're going to play a home final at the dome we have to get used to the venue
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mikey wrote: I think this is a little disapointing although im not overly fussed. I think if we're going to play a home final at the dome we have to get used to the venue
I think the Storm should try to aim to use TD for the Broncos match later on this year.
If we can get the stands pulled in and have a massive advertising blitz, I can see a crowd of +18K in attendance.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Monday night football is an experiment in itself down here.  To me, moving it to the dome would not have been a good idea, as depending on crowd figures, we would not be able to determine which experiment worked/didn't work. 
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Denise Richards
Squall
Squall

steaming stormer wrote: Monday night football is an experiment in itself down here.  To me, moving it to the dome would not have been a good idea, as depending on crowd figures, we would not be able to determine which experiment worked/didn't work. 
We are considering moving the Friday night and Saturday night games to the Dome.
I am NOT Brian Waldron
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Brian Waldron wrote:
steaming stormer wrote: Monday night football is an experiment in itself down here.  To me, moving it to the dome would not have been a good idea, as depending on crowd figures, we would not be able to determine which experiment worked/didn't work. 
We are considering moving the Friday night and Saturday night games to the Dome.
OMG - ban that bloody ISP please Buzz - we all know who this dickhead is ...  :x
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

If I ban the ISP, I won't be able to get on anymore!

I have made enquiries with that ISP, and they'll be investigating the user. If we press a harassment claim against the user, the account will be deactivated.
lotti

what do you mean if Buzz, press the harrassment claim.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

That's exactly what I was thinking.

As for the tool above, 'the ignore function is your friend'