Stadium NO closer

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Goat
Squall
Squall

Ice wrote: The head of Victory was on SEN earlier today and while he said they we're still negotiating with the government, the impression he gave was that they were leaning toward the TD deal as it was pretty much too good to pass up. Personally i don't want them at the new stadium and hope they take the Dome deal as i'd much prefer the 27,500 capacity.

I also hope when they find the TD is no longer economically viable due to their crowd numbers falling after their success dries up as it inevitably will, that when they come back with their tails between their legs wanting to be a part of the new stadium that the government tell them to go and get effed!
There would be no stadium without the Victory on board.  Say that 10 times real fast so you can get it through your thick skull.
lotti

no there wouldn't be one but then the Victory didn't have to hold out as long as they did.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Goat
Squall
Squall

lotti wrote: no there wouldn't be one but then the Victory didn't have to hold out as long as they did.
Victory will do what is right for Victory . . . they just signed apparently.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe you should check your facts goat - the stadium was committed with or without Victory.  The only difference was the capacity from 27500 to 31 or 33k.  It is soccer people like yourself that make people want to see soccer go back to what it was pre world cup - and like it or not, the sport is far from safe at its current level. It piggybacked off the world cup, and with the Victory winning, the publicity and support was there.  Would only take another poor victory season - like the first one, and a missed world cup by the socceroos for soccer's bubble to burst.  I have nothing against the game, but people like you give me the shits
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Goat
Squall
Squall

steaming stormer wrote: Maybe you should check your facts goat - the stadium was committed with or without Victory.  The only difference was the capacity from 27500 to 31 or 33k.  It is soccer people like yourself that make people want to see soccer go back to what it was pre world cup - and like it or not, the sport is far from safe at its current level. It piggybacked off the world cup, and with the Victory winning, the publicity and support was there.  Would only take another poor victory season - like the first one, and a missed world cup by the socceroos for soccer's bubble to burst.  I have nothing against the game, but people like you give me the shits
Speaking about checking facts . . . the Victory had the best crowd attendance despite being the poorest performing Australian team last year . . . . before the world cup . . . so yeah. 

Crowd attendances for the a-league have been much the same this year as last except for the Victory as we moved to the Dome  and thus could accommodate more fans . . .

No, the stadium was moved from 20K to 27K for the Victory and now is up to 33K  . . . originally it was mainly a training ground and home base for the Melbourne Demons.  Now the Melbourne Storm will be playing there . . . and Victory.  Without Victory it would be a white elephant at this stage.  Why do you think Bracksy is still waiting for Victory to sign?

Sorry if you think I'm a troll because I corrected you.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Goat wrote:
steaming stormer wrote: Maybe you should check your facts goat - the stadium was committed with or without Victory.  The only difference was the capacity from 27500 to 31 or 33k.  It is soccer people like yourself that make people want to see soccer go back to what it was pre world cup - and like it or not, the sport is far from safe at its current level. It piggybacked off the world cup, and with the Victory winning, the publicity and support was there.  Would only take another poor victory season - like the first one, and a missed world cup by the socceroos for soccer's bubble to burst.  I have nothing against the game, but people like you give me the shits
Speaking about checking facts . . . the Victory had the best crowd attendance despite being the poorest performing Australian team last year . . . . before the world cup . . . so yeah. 

Crowd attendances for the a-league have been much the same this year as last except for the Victory as we moved to the Dome  and thus could accommodate more fans . . .

No, the stadium was moved from 20K to 27K for the Victory and now is up to 33K  . . . originally it was mainly a training ground and home base for the Melbourne Demons.  Now the Melbourne Storm will be playing there . . . and Victory.  Without Victory it would be a white elephant at this stage.  Why do you think Bracksy is still waiting for Victory to sign?

Oh you are priceless Goat!!
So you say Victory had the best crowd attendance - I really hope you only mean in the A League cos that's a bloody stoopid statment to make if you're lumping all other sports in, the AFL shits all over everyone else for crowds! FACT!!  As it is I don't remember many (if any) lock outs at OP for Victory before the move to TD ...  :confused:  Yes they get larger crowds at TD but only time will tell if they continue to get the fans in.

You also state that the new stadium was originally only going to be a training and administration base for Melbourne Demons footy club - ummm, why they hell would they build a RECTANGULAR stadium for an AFL team to train on?!?!?!  :roll:  The stadium was proposed for the use of Melbourne Storm plus their admin, Melbourne Demons admin and training AND 'a' soccer team, just because Victory is around now don't think that if another team joined in Melbourne they wouldn't use it too!

You are really showing your ignorance on many things Storm and most other stuff - truly!   Come back and talk about how great Victory are when they sell out the MCG!!

Idiot!!  :badgrin:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
lotti

did they sell out the Dome yet but then 56,347 isn't much to boast about when the MCG sells out at 100,000.
Last edited by lotti on Wed May 02, 2007 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Goat wrote:

Again with checking facts - the budget was released - stadium accounted for - without any assurance of the Victory.  Done mate. 

Goat
Squall
Squall

Tigger wrote:
Goat wrote:

Oh you are priceless Goat!!

All goats are priceless . . .

So you say Victory had the best crowd attendance - I really hope you only mean in the A League cos that's a bloody stoopid statment to make if you're lumping all other sports in, the AFL shits all over everyone else for crowds! FACT!!

I meant the A-league obviously. . . .

As it is I don't remember many (if any) lock outs at OP for Victory before the move to TD ...  :confused:  Yes they get larger crowds at TD but only time will tell if they continue to get the fans in.

The first game against Adelaide was a lockout.  Then they moved to the Dome.  Time will tell yeah.

You also state that the new stadium was originally only going to be a training and administration base for Melbourne Demons footy club - ummm, why they hell would they build a RECTANGULAR stadium for an AFL team to train on?!?!?! 

Don't ask me, that's what Paul Gardiner said.

The stadium was proposed for the use of Melbourne Storm plus their admin, Melbourne Demons admin and training AND 'a' soccer team, just because Victory is around now don't think that if another team joined in Melbourne they wouldn't use it too!

Of course other teams would use it . . . did I say that the Victory had exclusive access to this stadium?  I only said that without the Victory the stadium would be a white elephant. 

You are really showing your ignorance on many things Storm and most other stuff - truly! 

I am?

Come back and talk about how great Victory are when they sell out the MCG!!

I don't think we will play at the MCG ever . . . because it's an oval ground.  We'd much rather have a full rectangular stadium than a cricket ground.

Idiot!!  :badgrin:

Hey, no need for names, now I'm going to cry.
Goat
Squall
Squall

steaming stormer wrote:
Goat wrote:

Again with checking facts - the budget was released - stadium accounted for - without any assurance of the Victory.  Done mate. 
Right . . . originally it was, but now the proposed stadium size has changed . . .  many times :)  I think the city of Melbourne would be better served with a 30K +  stadium than a 20K stadium, and this upsize is due to the Victory's crowds.
Goat
Squall
Squall

lotti wrote: did they sell out the Dome yet but then 56,347 isn't much to boast about when the MCG sells out at 100,000.
Well the GF was sold out in very little time, and many missed out, so they probably could have sold the G but I think they would much rather play most of their games at the boutique new stadium :)
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Goat wrote:
steaming stormer wrote:
Goat wrote: Speaking about checking facts . . . the Victory had the best crowd attendance despite being the poorest performing Australian team last year . . . . before the world cup . . . so yeah. 

Right . . . originally it was, but now the proposed stadium size has changed . . .  many times :)  I think the city of Melbourne would be better served with a 30K +  stadium than a 20K stadium, and this upsize is due to the Victory's crowds.
No, I mean the state budget that came out 2 days ago.  I have no issues in admitting that the stadium capacity will be determined by the Victory - but the stadium is a goer with or without them, whereas you stated earlier in the thread that it is only happening because of Victory and that is why Bracks is waiting, which is wrong

Goat
Squall
Squall

steaming stormer wrote:
Goat wrote:
steaming stormer wrote: Again with checking facts - the budget was released - stadium accounted for - without any assurance of the Victory.  Done mate. 
No, I mean the state budget that came out 2 days ago.  I have no issues in admitting that the stadium capacity will be determined by the Victory - but the stadium is a goer with or without them, whereas you stated earlier in the thread that it is only happening because of Victory and that is why Bracks is waiting, which is wrong
Right . . . he is waiting on the victory to determine the size of the stadium . . . but he seems very desperate to get us on board . . . what with the threats and all. 

The stadium was announced early last year I think or even earlier . . . but yeah it won't be as cost-effective without the soccer team, so Bracksy resorts to threats.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

regardless - with or without Victory - we get our rectangle stadium

Goat
Squall
Squall

steaming stormer wrote: regardless - with or without Victory - we get our rectangle stadium
Exactly.