News -Storm negotiating Dome switch

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

We're not scoffing the surface. OP's surface is right up there with Princes Park's surface. As a stadium however, OP leaves a lot to be desired!
Goat
Squall
Squall

Buzz wrote: We're not scoffing the surface. OP's surface is right up there with Princes Park's surface. As a stadium however, OP leaves a lot to be desired!
As a football purist I love it.  It's a real tactile building.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy bill wrote: If we get a home final this year it will be at TD,OP does not meet the new NRL Guidlines which say's 25,000 seats.
That's only for finals past week 1.  Week 1 can be at OP, but not any further into the series
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Goat
Squall
Squall

steaming stormer wrote:
stormy bill wrote: If we get a home final this year it will be at TD,OP does not meet the new NRL Guidlines which say's 25,000 seats.
That's only for finals past week 1.  Week 1 can be at OP, but not any further into the series
Does this mean we can play the GF at the Dome?  We should definitely be able to . . . last years GF was a joke.  I can understand the Melbourne GF only rule with the AFL cos the MCG is by far the biggest stadium . . . unless Sydney finish on top then they could play in Sydneys Telstra Stadium , but they haven't yet so I agree with the AFL GF played at the G . . . however with the league GF, the Dome is big enough and should be played there.
lotti

there's only 1 code that has a home grand final and that's Soccer Goal, the NRL GF is always played in Sydney just like the AFL GF is always played in Melbourne regardless of the state the teams come from.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Goat
Squall
Squall

lotti wrote: there's only 1 code that has a home grand final and that's Soccer Goal, the NRL GF is always played in Sydney just like the AFL GF is always played in Melbourne regardless of the state the teams come from.
Yeah I know that . . . what I'm saying is that it should change providing the home stadium is big enough.
lotti

that will never change Goal the main code here in Victoria although the NRL is trying to change that is AFL, Soccer is becoming popular due to I think the World Cup and the fact there's no AFL on during the Soccer season but NRL although it's been down here for over 30 years(the VRL I'm talking about, my dad used to play it and even went to NZ) has to compete with the AFL for crowds at least on Monday nights there's no AFL.
Goat
Squall
Squall

lotti wrote: that will never change Goal the main code here in Victoria although the NRL is trying to change that is AFL, Soccer is becoming popular due to I think the World Cup and the fact there's no AFL on during the Soccer season but NRL although it's been down here for over 30 years(the VRL I'm talking about, my dad used to play it and even went to NZ) has to compete with the AFL for crowds at least on Monday nights there's no AFL.
Doesn't matter, they are trying to grow the game here, so they should play the GF here.  The main reason the AFL GF is played at the G is cos of the size of the thing compared to other grounds. 
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

:lol: at the fact that it is lotti who is actually the voice of logic on a thread.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
lotti

Goal wrote:
lotti wrote: that will never change Goal the main code here in Victoria although the NRL is trying to change that is AFL, Soccer is becoming popular due to I think the World Cup and the fact there's no AFL on during the Soccer season but NRL although it's been down here for over 30 years(the VRL I'm talking about, my dad used to play it and even went to NZ) has to compete with the AFL for crowds at least on Monday nights there's no AFL.
Doesn't matter, they are trying to grow the game here, so they should play the GF here.  The main reason the AFL GF is played at the G is cos of the size of the thing compared to other grounds. 

the GF will always be played in Sydney in a ground that holds(Bella can correct me on this) around 80,000 people, it worked well for the Olympics, it's working well for the Bulldogs and it works really well for the Grand Final.
glynny
Squall
Squall

The NRL grand final would not be the same anywhere besides sydney. Went last year and have no problem at all with the grand final regardless being played there as that's the home of rugny league, like the mcg is the home of afl. If it changes it would never be the same again
Go the mighty storm.
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

glynny wrote: The NRL grand final would not be the same anywhere besides sydney. Went last year and have no problem at all with the grand final regardless being played there as that's the home of rugny league, like the mcg is the home of afl. If it changes it would never be the same again
Yeah, what Glynny says.  I may not make sense if the finalists are both non NSW teams, however, it's the historical home of the final and that is the way it should stay in my opinion.
Goat
Squall
Squall

glynny wrote: The NRL grand final would not be the same anywhere besides sydney. Went last year and have no problem at all with the grand final regardless being played there as that's the home of rugny league, like the mcg is the home of afl. If it changes it would never be the same again
the mcg should be home of the AFL GF for now cos it is by far and away the biggest ground . . . whereas Melbourne Storm could easily play at the Telstra Dome or the G for the League Final.
lotti

you're not getting what Glynny's saying Sydney is the traditional home of the NRL, NSW is a NRL mad state, The MCG is the traditional home of the AFL Grand Final, Victoria is an AFL mad estate and a NRL Grand Final down here probably wouldn't get the type of crowd it does in Sydney just like an AFL Grand Final wouldn't get the type of crowd it gets here.  While the NRL will have the occassional State Of Origin down here the only time a final will be played is if it's a home final for the Storm.
glynny
Squall
Squall

The fact about it is that you can never take the NRL grand final out of sydney, just like the AFL down here. I was out the grand final last year and it was a fantastic atmosphere as well as that what would happen to the grand final breakfast, jersey flegg and the jim beam cup finals. You couldn't have them played down here or have it as a main game at telstra stadium. Plus the match is scheduled on a sunday night during a long weekend in sydeny not exactly convenient for the average person down here who's not as passionate about the game as us. Every1 here is only looking at the small picture it would be great to have it down here but logistically it doesn't work and even if it did they would put their biggest market off side and the game would suffer for yearsin advance.
Go the mighty storm.