Setting up the excuses already

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm and ref blow away Broncos

To the OTT Broncos fans post Grand Final ----- To the drunk & abusive Broncos fans on the last train back to Sydney
To Sam,(the Storm didn't show us respect) Thaiday --- To the QLD centric ABC commentators.

Melbourne played another shit game,(by our standards) and still kicked your sorry arse  ;-)

WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
lotti

lol, ahh what can happen when the Ref isn't in the Broncos pockets.  Did 9 have to show the boys crying and being consoled by Craig?  HELL HAVE NO FURY LIKE A STORM TEAM ROBBED and bring on the Tigers.
Last edited by lotti on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes I'm sure they'll all be making up the usual half-@rsed excuses...but my only reply to them is -
"What's this?
:-({|=
THE WORLD'S SMALLEST lima lima lima duck VIOLIN!!!" :mrgreen:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
lotti

lol, do we feel sorry for the poor Broncos fans?

Like Hell we don't  I've got a Broncos fan on my MSN list and I did the evil laugh and the Imperial march sounds(MSN Plus) in the convo I had with her after the game.
Last edited by lotti on Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
lotti

OMG I just saw the final Broncos try and it was a double movement the ball hit the ground before the tryline and then the Broncos centre promoted the ball over the tryline.
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Does it matter now. We won the game and how bloody good was that run by Inglis in the second half that set up our last try and then being awarded a penalty. Good to see Ben Ikin not being to biast towards the Broncos. Not even one interview after the game either, thats pathetic Channel Nine. Bring on the Tigers next week and lets have another crack at the Broncos in Round 22 when they come to Melbourne.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
lotti

no it doesn't(have a feeling I've had one too many starbursts) but I don't like Cooley at the moment.
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We can stay up now and watch the Bankstown Criminals lose to the Tigers, but that means the Storm will have to play well next week because the Tigers looked very good tonight.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

What I loved most about the commentary was how wonderful Storm was in Defence, and in Attack, and how the game was iced with 15 minutes to go... oh hang on...

We only heard that the Broncos defence was brilliant (28 points leaked - good huh?), attack? Sure, why not. If it wasn't for some silly Storm mistakes. And the game was wide open with 16 points margin and 16 minutes to go, yet the dickheads behind the mic were saying "Broncos still in it".

Surely they were at the wrong game? All the outrageously biased people were at the Grand Final. Why do we fight so hard for Nein's RL coverage when it is such pure and utter drivel!
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote: We only heard that the Broncos defence was brilliant (28 points leaked - good huh?),
Compared to the thrashing the ponies received at Princes Park a few months ago, yep, 28 points leaked is pretty damned good for them :-)
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Was it a bit over the top calling Channel Nein at 2am in the morning, to complain about not showing the after match interviews? 
If it is, I do apologise to the Rent-a-cop on duty, but you can blame Double Chin Eddie for that.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Amazing! That is the least biased call I have heard by Ikin!!!

Watch the Tigers vs Bulldogs game? Stuff that! I've swapped to Fox Sports for the Storm vs Broncos game, again. ;)

The ref was ordinary both ways so I don't know how the Broncos could complain, penalty against Slater for interference? What about the fact that the Broncos player was offside before that? Brocnos got away with some forward passes. Storm gifted them a try in the first half courtesy of no communication between Slater and Turner.

Inglis at 5/8th doubters? Watch this game, he is getting more involved and improving.
lotti

mrpc wrote:
Buzz wrote: We only heard that the Broncos defence was brilliant (28 points leaked - good huh?),
Compared to the thrashing the ponies received at Princes Park a few months ago, yep, 28 points leaked is pretty damned good for them :-)
yeah but that was the baby Broncos.
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote: Amazing! That is the least biased call I have heard by Ikin!!!
Ikin knows where his bread is buttered.  If he wants to keep his QLD team manager job come origin time, there's no benefit in bagging half(the Storm contingent) of the QLD team.
*Champagne football*
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

lotti wrote: yeah but that was the baby Broncos.
They wore the uniform.  They used the team name.  They are the broncos.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!