NOTICE: Herald Sun Blog today @ 1.30pm on Storm's lack of TV Coverage

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Folks - page 53 of today's Herald Sun has a fantastic rant by Dave Donaghy on the lack of FTA TV coverage of both the Storm and the NRL in general into Melbourne.  What's even better is there is a blog with Dave on AT 1.30pm TODAY for an hour at www.heraldsun.com.au/sport

Lets get on there and show some support.  It's great he's managed to get some space in the paper to champion this cause.
Last edited by Diehard_Storm on Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Here's the link to the article http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/ ... 88,00.html

The guy deserves a good rap. I was thinking at 3am this morning that we should target this guy and the Herald Sun (or Aged even) and get them to put some pressure on ch9 and the NRL.

If you can join the blog at 1.30pm that would be excellent.
glynny
Squall
Squall

Thank god we got a decent article in a major paper in this city highlighting to the people at 9 that there were more than 1 mil people who watched the nrl grand final last year so there is a market. I have also sent text messages to sen to see if they could mention it but of course they ahven't as yet. It's just so infuriating
Go the mighty storm.
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

Did anyone make this blog?? I had to go out, but wondered if anyone contributed.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Knew I was going to be out for the blog, so I sent Dave an email of congratulations and thanks for sticking up for us. Part of his reply:
Dave Donaghy wrote:There was a record response to the article. It's fair to say I underestimated the passion of rugby league followers in Victoria.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I didn't get the chance either. I've read a few of the repsonses. I plan to send him an email too... when i get the time...
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I submitted a reply however I have yet to see it get posted.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Couldn't make the blog but sent him a congratulatory email after reading his article yesterday morning as well.
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

link

load this page, then search for 'James of Hong Kong'. have a read of the way he shut down the AFL supporter....

good stuff :D
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote: Couldn't make the blog but sent him a congratulatory email after reading his article yesterday morning as well.
Same here. And I got the same response Buzz did :D
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I was online at the time of the blog but it was a little weird how it was run.

But I did manage to get my view posted - for some reason twice :)

Would like to know what kinda response he got overall - as compared to other ones he has run.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Mini Chick
Squall
Squall

Thanks for the link, nice to see people standing up for the Storm!
Goat
Squall
Squall

Eh, the games will be shown when the game can get enough ratings.  Supply meets demand in the centre, not to the right.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thats a dumb comment - state of origin, the grand final all rate well in fact the gf rates not far from the AFL final. How the hell can you 'get good ratings' when its never shown consistently live or near live to get a rating
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Goat
Squall
Squall

storm_rhinos wrote: Thats a dumb comment - state of origin, the grand final all rate well in fact the gf rates not far from the AFL final. How the hell can you 'get good ratings' when its never shown consistently live or near live to get a rating
I'm sure Eddie knows what he's doing.

As for the GF ratings, they were not honestly reported.  Probably a lot of old ladies channel surfing who were counted into that mix.  I don't believe crowd figures at a lot of AFL games I go to either, it's all trumped up.