Round 5: Dragons v Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Neddy Seagoon wrote: 75 min: Tagataese makes a break!!!! but the Drag-ons pull him into touch just before he grounds the ball - Dammit!!!
How funny was he..................still dirty on that after the siren - dropping the F bomb!   :lol:
Last edited by Andy on Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lotti

bring on the Panthers at OP next week.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Question is: When will they fire? :?
lotti

round 7 against the Broncos.
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We can't afford to play like that against Penrith next week. The Panthers, even though they aren't travelling that well, will not be a very easy game (especially after the Test) so we'd better turn up to play them, because they will take advantage if we don't.
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Neddy Seagoon wrote: We can't afford to play like that against Penrith next week. The Panthers will not be easy game (especially after the Test) so we'd better turn up to play them, because they will take advantage if we don't.
Oh, hell yes. They will, to coin a phrase, eat us alive.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought the boys looked complacent in the first half, and never really got out of 2nd gear.  Some of the defense in the second half was great to watch - the boys were really ripping in on some of those tackles!!

I was impressed with Cross again, White had some really good moments (and a couple of fairly average ones), Antonio was MIA again in my opinion, ST was impressive again, DJ played his heart out as per usual, Cameron was Cameron (nothing further needs to be said), Hoffman was great, Turner was great (and should have "earned his spot" back*), Lima was good off the bench, and Billy was back on track after his errors (and bad luck) of last week - I have been most impressed with his involvement this year! ;)

I was disappointed to see only a few minutes out of Aitken (all defensive), but we just took too long to put them to the sword, so Bellamy couldn't really afford to send him out there any sooner.

* Quinn was patchy again, and unfortunately for him I would be giving his starting spot to Turner.

My heart-attack moment was certainly seeing Cameron in pain... I thought for sure it was all over for him!  Thank heavens he pulled up alright!

Overall, another average performance that netted 2 points.  I'm starting to think we're just toying with the opposition now...  :-k
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Good to see Steve Turner back too.  I know he played a bit part last week, but did really well tonight.
Filthy Teeve
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It was a good solid win. Nothing spectacular but nothing overly shabby. Admittedly I agree with Lotti, I think this laissez faire style will continue 'til the Broncos game. Whilst it isn't overly pretty if it ain't broke....

Geez I hope Cam has not done anything to his knee. Bloody surprised he got back up, which is a good sign, but you just never know.

Got the double, Storm and Carlton, both over hated rivals. Great day of sport.
Smoking Is The Leading Cause Of Statistics
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Filthy Teeve wrote: It was a good solid win. Nothing spectacular but nothing overly shabby. Admittedly I agree with Lotti, I think this laissez faire style will continue 'til the Broncos game. Whilst it isn't overly pretty if it ain't broke....

Geez I hope Cam has not done anything to his knee. Bloody surprised he got back up, which is a good sign, but you just never know.

Got the double, Storm and Carlton, both over hated rivals. Great day of sport.
Same Here ! I'll breath easier again tomorrow when,(fingers,toes an eyes crossed) Mary & the medicos give him a pass.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Did you see how we kicked butt? Final Countdown!! :x :P :-X :-* :icon_frown: :icon_frown:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

how did inglis go
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

perthstormer wrote: how did inglis go
Inglis was out injured perth
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

perthstormer wrote: how did inglis go

Sorry but we missed him today.

He might get critise for the 5/8th role but god we miss him
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
lotti

This from NRL.com, they seem to think Cam will be ok for the test.  http://www.nrl.com.au/News/Latest/NewsA ... fault.aspx