Could Friday night be a sellout?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote: yeah, well I know of at least 1 but most likely 3 or 4 who weren't coming but now are... my plans changed and I'm back at the graveyard for the first time since 05
Yaaaah for you mate.  :D
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From todays Herald Sun:

Storm chief executive Brian Waldron saif the club was expecting a bumper crowd. "it's not a sellout yet, but we're hopeful that by the time the game kicks off it'll be a full house"

Hopefully this early rain goes away and it clears up for tonight. It'd be a shame if it was raining and kept the numbers down. It's obviously going to be a very good crowd regardless and from a tv viewing perspective it'll be great to show the stands full of vocal Storm supporters. Bring it on!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I can say categorically right now it's not gunna rain tonight!! Well at least I don't think it will........... ;-)
I'm normally pretty good with my weather forecasts at our games.........sometimes  :P
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

This morning I was thinking about the crowd for tonights game (without first looking outside seeing the rain i might add) and i realised than for our first home game in 2000, after winning the GF the previous year and then several losses in a row to start the 2000 season, we still got something like 25,000 to the MCG. It should be really interesting to see how we go tonight.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Assuming the weather clears like expected then I expect we'll get our largest crowd since 2000. Hopefully it'll be a sell out.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Big plugs on 3AW all morning so far and the Waldron ad is quite good as well
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Pal
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Unfortunately I'm not going, by myself with my boy tonight and he is too small to take.  I will be there in spirit (gin).
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Pal wrote: Unfortunately I'm not going, by myself with my boy tonight and he is too small to take.  I will be there in spirit (gin).
Thats a shame, how old is the boy? At least you can watch it on TV... live on ch9 remember...
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

How can your boy be to small to go to a game. By son started coming to Storm games with me in 1999 at age three and my little girl has been to all but 1 or 2 home games since our 64-0 trashing of the Wests Tigers on the day she was born.  :D :D :D
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pal wrote: Unfortunately I'm not going, by myself with my boy tonight and he is too small to take.  I will be there in spirit (gin).
Sorry to hear, our boy is 3 months when he attend his first game (last year) and will be their tonight.

It would be a pity to miss it, but as Hail has said...>CHANNEL NINE 7.30PM
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Pal
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

He is nearly 3.  I have taken him to games before and he is pretty much uncontrollable, very active.  If I take him I can't watch the game anyway, so better off staying home to watch it.
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

13,500 NOT A BAD START FOR THE SEASON.I WAS HOPING FOR 15,000
lotti

Pal wrote: He is nearly 3.  I have taken him to games before and he is pretty much uncontrollable, very active.  If I take him I can't watch the game anyway, so better off staying home to watch it.
I had a child infront of me that was 1 so 3 isn't too young.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

13,500 was still a pretty good crowd and the weather wasn't too bad either.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Miss Andy wrote: 13,500 was still a pretty good crowd and the weather wasn't too bad either.
Whom ever counted the 13,500 needs new glasses !! Both stands looked full - GA at both ends looked full.

Couldn't be against the gate because people came though the turnstiles BEFORE they actually got turned on  ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields