Steve Kearney's last game at Olympic Park Melbourne

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Technically he will play again at Olympic Park, with Telstra Stadium being part of the Olympic Park precinct in Sydney and involved in weeks 3 and 4 of the finals, but this weekend will be the last time that Mooks runs out for the Storm at home. He deserves a great send off and I really hope to see him get one down there at OP. I would assume that there would be a special mention of him on this weeks banner. Anyone from the banner crew able to confirm this or say what to expect?

I hope there's a huge crowd down there and that the boys can send him off a winner. And I surely do hope to see him leading the team out at the Olympic Park precinct in Sydney in 7 weeks time.

He has been a great player for the club, and this will be the last opportunity for anyone to witness his skils first hand south of the border in an NRL match.
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Could be Howe's last one as well. 2 club champions who deserve a great send off. Hopefully the boys do the right thing by them and get a much needed win against the salary cheats!
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's former salary cap cheats.

And if Kirk is fit it will also be his last there for the Storm.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sorry LR, the banner messages are under wraps until game day so you'll just have to wait until 4pm on Sunday to find out. Unless of course you come down for the game, then you can see it at 3pm.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lord Reynoldson wrote:That's former salary cap cheats.
Bet ya half a dollar?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Hells Bells
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Former salary cap cheats?

Who are we talking about here, the dogs or Kearney or both.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Dogs of course! Melbourne didn't try to hide the fact that they were over the cap.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:Sorry LR, the banner messages are under wraps until game day so you'll just have to wait until 4pm on Sunday to find out. Unless of course you come down for the game, then you can see it at 3pm.
Will there be photos of it? As half the time u can't see the banner on the TV, especially channel 9 games. And only 1 side of it gets shown/half shown.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lord Reynoldson wrote:
Surandy wrote:Sorry LR, the banner messages are under wraps until game day so you'll just have to wait until 4pm on Sunday to find out. Unless of course you come down for the game, then you can see it at 3pm.
Will there be photos of it? As half the time u can't see the banner on the TV, especially channel 9 games. And only 1 side of it gets shown/half shown.
There are normally photos taken, but for some reason most of them don't get put online.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sometime ago when this same question popped up, someone made a mention that NRL says any pictures taken of on field action belongs to the NRL or something so you can't just post it online. I don't know why or how, if at all, that constitutes pre game activities. I made a suggestion to post pictures of the banners from each game in some sort of a gallery but nothing ever came about. Mind you this was back in the MSSC board era.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thunderstruck wrote:Sometime ago when this same question popped up, someone made a mention that NRL says any pictures taken of on field action belongs to the NRL or something so you can't just post it online. I don't know why or how, if at all, that constitutes pre game activities. I made a suggestion to post pictures of the banners from each game in some sort of a gallery but nothing ever came about. Mind you this was back in the MSSC board era.
Well there are photo's of the banner for the game against the Tigers match at OP in the album on this site. Better delete them Buzz, if this is true. :roll:
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I'm working on the basis that the NRL owns the images from when the players run onto the field. So most banner photos should be okay. I've got some more from previous years piled away somewhere on my hard-drive... I'll see if i can upload them later today.
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Let's hope we rack up a big win so Mooks can join Lazzo in the 100% club :wink:
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Took me a while to realize you're talking about goal kicking :lol:
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm sure Lazzo actaully landed one from the sideline with a toe-punt in a state of origin ex-players match a few years ago. On the topic of unusual goalkickers though, I remember that Danny Williams had been giving Matt Orford some rubbish at training about his goalkicking I think last year maybe. I'm sure some of you may remember, he handed the ball to Danny when we scored out wide and told him to show everyone what he's got. I must admit, that was one of the finest strikes of the ball I think that I have ever seen. It never looked like missing. Was better than anything ElMasri has ever done. :lol: :lol: :lol: