2007 Membership

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I recieved an email today from the NRL about supporting your team and becoming a member for 2007.

I was dissapointed to see that Storm does not have any prices up nor will it till "early December".
I fully understand how huge a job like membership is, however, almost every year this has been a major area for complaints and major problems. I visited a few other clubs and found that most have really good PDF's full of information, membership options and the cost. 

So why does Storm get  this area so wrong???

It is so vital to our club to get it right, we have lost members due to this.
The NRL did a great thing by sending out the email, massive free publicty for Storm and all teams,
yet I fear we may have missed the boat on this one.

What do you think?
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

They're not getting any better. In fact they're getting worse.

When I moved to QLD at the start of this season, I rang Storm to tell them I wasn't renewing and why so that the club would know I was still a fan but it was a little hard to get to home games (just like Mr Waldron asked - "If you are not going to renew your membership we'd like to understand the reason").
5 different people from Storm's office rang me over a 5 month period to enquire why I hadn't renewed. Each of them said they'd make a record of it. They've mailed me membership material (twice) at my QLD address, so it's not as though club records don't show I've moved.

Bring back Tigger. We never had it so good.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While I agree it be a little concerning for some that the club hasn't got the prices out yet, there is a big difference in the way our 'Football' club is set up to most NSW clubs.

The difference being 'Season Ticket holders' to 'Football Club Members.

Season Ticket holders are organised by the League Clubs which have more staff and don't see the football club as the life blood of the organisation, they see it as the promotional arm of the Leagues Club. Storm on the other hand rely on 'Club Members' for their money.

In the past the problem has been the delivery of the membership once people have forked out the money. I wasn't expecting anything until November regarding renewal so things aren't that bad yet in my eyes any way.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
lotti

TC you could still join the club as a supporter, my dad got a couple of letters from them asking him to join up.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

StormFront, at least this year the website is clear on where things currently are at.  :D
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti, you're missing the point entirely.

They sent out a membership package to my home address. I rang them and said "I'm not renewing my membership because I'm moving to Central Queensland". I explained that I hadn't lost interest or passion for the Storm, I just couldn't get to games.

They rang me 4 or 5 weeks later. "How come you haven't renewed?" I explained. For their records I gave them my QLD address.

And again, "You haven't renewed. Is there a problem?" Again I explained. "Oh, sorry, we'll fix that".

A letter this time. A membership pack.

Phone call.

Phone call.

Letter.

Phone call in July.

That is not good organisation.

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
lotti

TC my dad wasn't even a member when the letters got sent out, they came completely out of the blue.
lotti

any idea of the date they're coming out?
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

lotti wrote: any idea of the date they're coming out?
http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/defaul ... =4&ssec=25

According to the Storm website, existing 2006 members will receive 2007 membership packs early December.  However lotti this is probably what you need to do (unless you had an away supporters membership) -
If you are not a current 2006 Melbourne Storm member and would like to receive further information about 2007 Membership when available, please register you interest by contacting Shannon Wylde in our Membership Department:

Email: membership@melbournestorm.com.au

Phone: (03) 8412 4933
lotti

Shannon's always out when I ring.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Try an email then lotti - it might be easier to get through without hassling Shannon all the time. Just send an email indicating your interest and leave your contact / address details!
lotti

they'll probably send something to my dad like they did this year.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I've been told the membership stuff should be out before christmas.........hopefully.  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
lotti

yeah hopefully.
lotti

Shannon emailed me today and said it should be in the next week or so.