Simpkins 'happy'

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

GRAND final referee Paul Simpkins claimed last night that he was "happy" with his performance in the decider, despite receiving heavy criticism from the beaten Melbourne side.

"I was happy with my game - happy the way it went," Simpkins said while on holiday with his family on the New South Wales North Coast.

"I'll leave all the other talks to others. I don't want to comment any more. Everything seems to have been said."

NRL referees coaching assistant Bill Harrigan admitted Simpkins made a significant blunder.

It came in the first half when Simpkins failed to pick up a vital obstruction from Brisbane forward Ben Hannant.

"He dead-set got it wrong," Harrigan said.

Simpkins, meanwhile, would not comment on the league's decision to fine Melbourne $5000 after Storm centre Matt King called the referee a "dickhead" at a fan day.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

He's going to get a lovely reception the next time he ref's at OP.

Might look into making a banner of some kind. I'll have to think of something without expletives though.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

How could he be happy with that performance?
the lock8
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

He can be happy because he has the same disease  as Harrigan, and that is that he is never wrong. When was the last time you saw him dropped for a crap performance? Robert Finch may as well be a cardboard cutout behind a desk with his head on a spring like those dogs you put in the back window of your car. The refs are supposed to act independantly of the league, but we all know that never happens.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I can't see one Storm supporter being "happy" with Simpkins performance. And if he thinks that is a performance to be happy with, the 'dickhead' should retire.  :x

I was finally able to watch my tape of the game last night. I don't know if i will ever watch it again but after wiping away the few tears  :'( i finally shed (i tried so much not to cry after the game) my sadness turned to anger  :x  We will never know if we'd have won if the ref or video refs had got their calls correct but i dare say we would've been in with one hell of a chance.

I don't know why the Broncos haven't been stripped of the win since they had 3 extra people on the field, Simpkins and the two (yes 2!!) video refs... We all know the touchies are blind so i won't count them.

Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I don't think i'll ever be able to watch the game.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

StormGurlDani wrote: I don't think i'll ever be able to watch the game.
I guess for me, the reason i wanted to watch it was because a Storm v Broncos GF was my dream GF... except my dream was to beat the Broncos. Plus, i wanted to check out all those bad decisions. I must say that I fast forwarded quite a bit of the game...
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I'll be holding off on watching it for a while. Too painful. Might watch the Round 26 game again - that was fun!
Cartman_86
Squall
Squall

Buzz wrote: I'll be holding off on watching it for a while. Too painful. Might watch the Round 26 game again - that was fun!

The Original copy of that game should be burnt and thrown into the sea. I'll never ever watch the game again. I dare the NRL to send him down for a home game, let see if any of those dickheads have any balls!!
lotti

I hope they do, I'm looking foward to booing him.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And to add insult to injury Harrigan was seen and photographed with Broncos players in their dressing rooms prior to the game and Harrigan has come out and stated that some momumental mistakes were made by the referee that night! :x

The STORM should have requested the rematch that they are entitled to as Minor Premiers, which is a clause in the NRL rules where this can happen when the team loses the GF for reasons other than their own poor performance, well haven't the Storm got a case here!!! :x

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy :) :)
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
lotti

there's no point in looking back guys, we'll get them next year.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The only thing that Simplekins can be happy about is that he got out of the area with his life 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I am back again.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't think we can blame Harrigan to much as the NRL changed the rules where the video ref CAN'T help on the on field ref, which was what was happening for most of the year.

Apart from the King no try he wasn't allowed to do anything to correct any other call.

I have noticed that Finch has gone MIA this week.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We didn't deserve to win the way we played anyway, lets face it broncos played better than us.

Even so, ill forever have to imagine what could have happened if the King try was allowed...

Ive got the game taped, though im not sure if ill ever watch it
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT