Finals Wk 3: Melbourne Storm Vs Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Hoggy
Squall
Squall

Lucas wrote: Exactly right. I can't believe we have been playing him so often. We are basically helping the Titans develop him by pumping so many games into him. I'd rather play Blair/J.Smith.
Of course we wouldn't want to play our best 17 players in a preliminary final would we?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Hoggy/inglisbanner.jpg[/img]
Mitch: Dr. Farthing, what happened to your arm?
Dr. Farthing: Well, it was either from sleeping on it the wrong way or a booky throwing me out of a speeding car...
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoggy wrote:
Lucas wrote: Exactly right. I can't believe we have been playing him so often. We are basically helping the Titans develop him by pumping so many games into him. I'd rather play Blair/J.Smith.
Of course we wouldn't want to play our best 17 players in a preliminary final would we?
We do.

Which is why one of Jeremy Smith/Adam Blair/Jake Webster should be on the bench instead. With Friend we're essentially playing the first 60 minutes a man short as Nathan takes no part until then and he's not providing much when he comes on. Defence yes, but have you seen Jeremy Smith's D this year or Adam Blair's. And Jake could easily play fill in at lock and give us some great offensive spark.
Hoggy
Squall
Squall

Noa Nandruku wrote:
Hoggy wrote:
We do.

Which is why one of Jeremy Smith/Adam Blair/Jake Webster should be on the bench instead. With Friend we're essentially playing the first 60 minutes a man short as Nathan takes no part until then and he's not providing much when he comes on. Defence yes, but have you seen Jeremy Smith's D this year or Adam Blair's. And Jake could easily play fill in at lock and give us some great offensive spark.
Friend is probably our best defender although Johnson and C.Smith might have something to say about that.

He's CLEARLY best 17, he adds flexibility to the squad, when he comes on it allows us to play three halves almost with Hill playing as a 2nd 5/8 / lock.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Hoggy/inglisbanner.jpg[/img]
Mitch: Dr. Farthing, what happened to your arm?
Dr. Farthing: Well, it was either from sleeping on it the wrong way or a booky throwing me out of a speeding car...
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

There is a simple solution :D

Give Friendy more game time :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote: There is a simple solution :D

Give Friendy more game time :D
At whose expense tho?
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Silkin
Squall
Squall

Having Friend in the last 20 when the others are getting tired is a bonus.

Did anyone actually see how many tackles he was involved in last game? When I  was watching him he kept doing in 3 tackles in a row.
We need that lift at that point in a game and he dose a great job of it.
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll say it one last time but wtf do we want to move the worlds best hooker from his position when it hasnt been working for the last month.

If we want to give him a rest fine, throw Booffa in there for 10 min, but the fact is Jeremy Smith or Adam Blair give us more BOTH sides of the ball.

Nathan has great technique but he's a legs tackler so we need multiple tacklers almost everytime he makes a tackle which makes our line vulnerable to off-loads or at the very least a quick play-the-ball.

At least Smith or Blair have the strength to wrap the ball-carrier up themselves and still provide us with some punch in attack.
Last edited by noa nandruku on Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Friends gun! i haven't seen anyone in the NRL with a tackling style as effective as his ;)
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

He will be one of our biggest losses in 2007. We have an absolute amazing bench, and to be able to have Cronk, Hill, Cam and Friend all on the field at the same time to break open games... I worry about who is going to replace Nathan next year.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jeremy Smith should be there, probably at the expense of Blair or maybe Cross.
He's awesome at D and in attack very under rated, he can bust through tackles and always runs in between players rather than at em.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyway Inglis not looking good for the game!
He's recovering slower than expected, getting pains in other parts of the body, someone find the link to storm.com
Sounds like what happened to his back! Hope he's ok, i wouldnt like our chance without him.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Noa Nandruku wrote:
Hoggy wrote:
We do.

Which is why one of Jeremy Smith/Adam Blair/Jake Webster should be on the bench instead. With Friend we're essentially playing the first 60 minutes a man short as Nathan takes no part until then and he's not providing much when he comes on. Defense yes, but have you seen Jeremy Smith's D this year or Adam Blair's. And Jake could easily play fill in at lock and give us some great offensive spark.
Friend HAS to be there.He can cover hooker and outside backs and halves if we are desperate. He can defend at lock and gives us another ball playing option.
Our probable future opponents are Lizards and Pups. Big boppers (when I hear that term I always think of the MFP pursuit of the Knight Rider in Mad Max) who run hard and will be out to break our attacking weapons - Cam, Coops, Billy and Joe. Touchwood (which TV wizard had a familiar named "Touchwood"?) it won't happen, but be assured that Mason and Bailey, Ryles and Ryan, Sonny Bill and Trent will be trying to injure and not just hurt our playmakers - not suggesting it will be unfair play, but it will certainly push the boundaries. If we lose a playmaker we need Friend. Geyer can fill all the roles that he can, but he can also fill fullback and provides invaluable experience in the back 5. We can't afford to have MG as our only playmaking backup.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well That looks like we are playing the Drag queens next week in Sydney as Orford did his old favourite of going missing in the second week of the finals, no loss, lets bring it on Lizards. 
I am back again.
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Score is 22 -0 in the way of St George Lizards
I am back again.
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So i can blame him for the past 3 years!  :lol: :lol:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]