proposed supporters march to Olympic park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Well if we don't get any coverage pre-game for this, at least on the day we can all whip out our mobiles & call all the news desks & yell 'quick, there's a crapload of Storm supporters going on a rampage through Fed Square!!' :shock:

That outta get em interested  ;) 
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Stormwarning[c] wrote:Channel Seven has been could for Storm this year, hope it continues next year
They sure have! Even interstate, I remember the Canberra final a few years ago when they came to the hotel where the bus travellers were staying and interview a few of us. Unfortunately we never got to see it as we had the game to get to.

And of course there's this:
Tune into Sportsworld on Channel 7 this Sunday morning to hear all the latest from the Melbourne Storm when coach Craig Bellamy joins hosts Joh Griggs and Matthew White.

Craig will be on air from 10:00am and no Storm fan should miss it.
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Has anyone else spoken to the CLub about this? Kristine the membership manager (or something similliar) rang me today which I poressume must have been in response to the email I sent to Brian Wladron after I heard him say it sounded like a good idea on SEN. She said she will get back to me about on Monday or Tuesday as to whether it will be a official club thing or just a supporters thing. Be good to get some celebs who follow the Storm to come on the march. I.E Molly and John So. It would be great to have John So lead the march or even Bracksy
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Mmmmm, I don't know if i'd like some 'celebrity' jumping on our bandwagon even if it does get us coverage.  :-\
I'd much prefer Molly or someone who at least comes to the games regularly and supports us - not just a corporate hanger-on..........eg. Bracksy
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote: Well if we don't get any coverage pre-game for this, at least on the day we can all whip out our mobiles & call all the news desks & yell 'quick, there's a crapload of Storm supporters going on a rampage through Fed Square!!' :shock:

8-[ You want to get me arrested, don't you?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hey Mikey, I spoke to the Storm today and they said someone had rung earlier and spoke to Carly. Chris Couch wasn't available when I was there as he had already left for OP for some media duties, ie interviews prior to the Storm training session.

I sent Storm the same email I sent to Ch 9 & 10 (after speaking to them on the phone) and the NRL Footy Show.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Fampa wrote:I should hopefully be there barring any flight delays.  I think my flight gets in about 12:15.  BTW, what's the quickest/cheapest way to get from Avan-whatever airport to the city?
Oh, for God's sake, someone go and pick her up.  :D
Avalon isn't the end of the world. (Although you can see it from there.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm happy too, even if it's a lightening run and take her back as well
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Stormwarning[c] wrote: I'm happy too, even if it's a lightening run and take her back as well
JUst watch those bloody speed cameras SW....
I am back again.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Christabella wrote:
Tigger wrote: Well if we don't get any coverage pre-game for this, at least on the day we can all whip out our mobiles & call all the news desks & yell 'quick, there's a crapload of Storm supporters going on a rampage through Fed Square!!' :shock:

8-[ You want to get me arrested, don't you?
Me?? Want you to get arrested??  Never!!!  ;)  'Twould be funny tho - u being a Bulldogs supporter n all  :lol: ;)
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

All we need now is a time to be set for a start. How about 1.00pm meeting near the big TV screen for a 1.10pm-1.15pm departure from Fed Sqare. If we could get to the gates by 1.40pm so that people with General Admission seats can get there early caus it will be first in, best dressed with the seating area unless you have reserved seats which not everyone does. Gates will probably open at 2.00pm.Christabella, as long as you follow the Storm on the day we don't mind meeting you or helping to make up numbers in our seating area near the players race. Mikey and I would love it if we can have mostly Storm fans in our area not like those idiot Cowboys fans who turn up every week never wearing Cowboys gear supporting every team that plays against the Storm as though they were the Cowboys if you know what I mean.
Last edited by Storm19 on Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Maybe we could also get a banner made up like they have at protests being held at the front as we march on to Olympic Park. Something along the lines of :

MELBOURNE Our City
STORM Our Team
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?
Silkin
Squall
Squall

Fampa contact me ILL come & get you from the airport if you like im only 20min aprox from it . Send me a PM is yhou are interested & Ill give you my nuber :)
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

TC wrote:
Fampa wrote:I should hopefully be there barring any flight delays.  I think my flight gets in about 12:15.  BTW, what's the quickest/cheapest way to get from Avan-whatever airport to the city?
Oh, for God's sake, someone go and pick her up.  :D
Avalon isn't the end of the world. (Although you can see it from there.
OK How dose Frampa feel about riding pillilan on the bkie ;-)
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

How about a special chant for the march? Feel free to post up suggestions, here's one I came up which is a variation of the Cameron Smith is magic chant:

Oh, Melbourne Storm are magic
We really are the best
We play at Olympic Park
And we’re better than the rest

News didn’t stick with Adelaide
Or Perth because they’re shit
We stayed in Melbourne town
Coz we bloody blitz!