Steve Turner STAYING!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
grey sub
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tigger wrote: Well if Steve didn't sign a letter of intent or contract but had an 'agreement' & they're still whinging, Storm can 'agree' to give em Billy or GI or whomever  ;) :lol:
That should shut em up  ;D
Well You know they can have Chris "Sally" Walker if they are that worried about it, you know we don't want him any more, hey do they have a 5/8, I hear there's one going cheap or even free to a good home.  ;) ;) ;) ;) :D ;D
I am back again.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Oh yeah, I forgot about him.........as usual  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
lotti

yeah they can have Walker brothers all 3 of them, our one and the two signed with Souths.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

They are saying on LU that Gallop has sided with the Titans.  :cry:
I can't find any official link to anything yet though.
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yeah apprently even if you dont sign anything an agreement is an agreement....
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If David Gallop (a qualified lawyer) has sided with the Titans then we should'nt get our hopes up of him staying.

And as I stated before I hope he goes, as he's to good a fullback to be stuck on the wing. He's a rep. class fullback but at winger he'll be overlooked due to his size.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

jellyhead wrote:
KINGY wrote: titans media release just posted on the titans forum by the admin:
The Gold Coast Titans are presently meeting with the NRL in relation to recent comments regarding the position of Melbourne Storm Fullback Steve Turner for the 2007 National Rugby League season.

We wish to advise our fans and supporters an agreement is in place between the Titans and the player and we ask that you remain patient as we work through this issue with the NRL
Shit!!  Poor Steve stuck in the middle.  Give up Titans - he wants to stay in Melbourne.  If they force him to go to the Gold Coast, he's not going to be a happy Titan, is he?

Thats why the Storm are pushing the Mio Mio example.
Last edited by Mike_The_Undertaker on Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Go Storm.
Office would have been going nuts today.....would have been exciting to be a fly on the wall.

Can't see how a verbal is legal and binding, an argument against that is a bluff made by Turner to get Storm to buckle to a pay rise. Hope we stick it up them.
Read somewhere that Turners manager is siding with the Titans.....could get nasty this.
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.
Storm cat
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I don't know if it ment he was siding with the Titans. It looked like he may have just said they had a verbal contract.

If he said more you would have to question his abilities as a manager. I don't see why the NRL would side with the Titans except that they want to help them start off on a good foot.

The only contract lodged for Steve Turner for next year is with the storm and I suppose that they could argue that after 2 months that the Gold Coast did not put pen to paper and Steve was worried about his future and took another deal.

Verbal deals are all well and good but one on paper is much better. Much easier to prove and not get out of.

I would also want to know why a club would invole themself in what could turn out to be a bloody fight for a player who does not want to play for them anymore. They may end up losing even if they win.
Last edited by Storm cat on Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thunderstruck wrote: enquiring minds want to know.
Are you freebasing?

;D
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

The National Rugby League has sided with Gold Coast in a bitter tug-of-war between Melbourne and the Titans over in-form winger Steve Turner.

The NRL will refuse to register the Storm's contract with Turner, despite the 21-year-old re-signing with the competition leader for another three years.

Titans managing director Michael Searle met with NRL chief executive David Gallop in Sydney to plead his case after the fledgling club trumpeted the recruitment of Turner on a three-year deal on June 19.

But Turner had a change of heart and re-signed with the Storm until the end of 2009, infuriating Gold Coast officials who claim he had broken a "partly written, partly verbal" agreement with the franchise.

Turner admitted he had told the Titans he would play for them next season, but he had never signed a contract nor any pre-contract agreement.

"There was no letter of intent signed and when my manager (David Riolo) came to me with the contract, I said `look, I want to stay here with the Storm' and he said we'd see what we could do.

"My goal is to be a Storm player for 2007 and years to come."

Gallop said the NRL would review the documentation from the Titans but he was satisfied the club had struck a legally binding agreement with Turner.

"Our preliminary view is that a deal was struck between the player and the Titans," said Gallop, adding he had received an email from Riolo supporting the Gold Coast's case.

"We would in that situation support the Titans in securing the player.

"Everyone must accept that a deal is a deal once made and can't be ignored unless both parties agree."

It is understood the Storm offered Turner an extra $100,000 to stay in Melbourne after initially saying they couldn't fit him under the salary cap.

Searle said Turner had made frequent references to joining the Titans in the media and had spent two days in June looking for property on the Gold Coast.

"Yesterday morning the kid was on national radio saying how much he was looking forward to playing with the Titans and playing fullback," Searle noted.

The Storm - involved in a similar dispute over Parramatta prop Fuifui Moimoi two years ago - said it would fight to the hilt to ensure Turner's new contract with the club was declared legal.

Melbourne's position is that according to NRL rules, clubs have 10 days after a contract is entered into to lodge the paperwork - and the Titans had not done so.

"I'd like to think commonsense would prevail - I certainly wouldn't want to have an employee in my business who didn't want to be there," Waldron said.

"The reality is he's a signed Melbourne Storm player. The contract has been lodged within the rules.

"We have it documented between us and Steve that we have a three-year deal, and we'll push forward and support that 100 per cent."

Searle said there would be no hard feelings against Turner, whom he believes was pressured into re-signing with the Storm.

"This hasn't diminished our position on him," Searle said. "He's a 21-year-old kid that's obviously been easily influenced."

The contractual dispute overshadowed an announcement that Gold Coast business ABC Brick Sales will be the club's sleeve sponsor for the next three years.

Source: AAP
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thunderstruck wrote: Something seriously wrong happened in Gold Coast. And I'm all happy about it!! :lol: :lol: YAY FOR STAYING!!
Yes Well.............According to this weeks RLW Brian Carney is having serious homesickness problems - re: Doesn't want to spend the next two years on the Gold Coast :o
Maybe he's heard ST isn't going  ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Storm cat
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

KINGY wrote:
Melbourne's position is that according to NRL rules, clubs have 10 days after a contract is entered into to lodge the paperwork - and the Titans had not done so.
I would think this part would push it towards Melbourne winning. It has more behind it than some verbal agreement made 2 months ago.

You would think Gallop should know his own organizations rules.
Last edited by Storm cat on Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm cat wrote:
KINGY wrote:
I would think this part would push it towards Melbourne winning. It has more behind it than some verbal agreement made 2 months ago.

You would think Gallop should know his own organizations rules.
I'd say they are just trying to help out the new club, but common sence will prevail.........i hope.
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.