No Storm final at OP

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hehehe, uninformed crap from the Ch Nein commentators after yesterday's games telecast.

They were discussing Storm's finals aspirations and I think it was Gould that made mention about Storm playing a home final at Olympic Park if they finish in the top 4.
Gostorm
Squall
Squall

Like they say with all gov decisions - "That is why they are paid big bucks to make decisions like that" That is regarding the moving/non moving seats at TD. :roll: :lol:
Matt King rules!!!!!
Hells Bells
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Buzz wrote:Why they couldn't build a venue like Stadium Australia that regularly moves the stands in and out is beyond me!
Thunderstuck wrote:then why make them movable in the first place?????
I think you will find that it has more to do with the management of the ground. When the Stadium was planned (the land was owned by News Ltd) it was going to be used for League, Union and Soccer, hence why the field faces North/South which is international standard.

By having moveable seats it would help being more sports and entertainment to the ground.

When the management was handed to Channel Seven and that it will be 'given' to the AFL after 30 years any other sport from that point on was never going to get a look in.

The agreement Storm had was for at least 4 games at the stadium would have the seats moved in. But due to the management leaning towards another code it never happened. It cost Storm $60,000 for the Broncos game and even then they bitched that they had to do it.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yeah, I know about the original plan and I was damn angry channel 7 and the AFL took over management.

Most disappointing end to a highly promising stadium.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]