Storm v. Tigers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Anybody who questions whether we and other supporters who were with our group at the game including Christabella are true supporters should have a long hard look at themselves!

Yes, guilty of joining in the wanker chant as we do when the opposition "supporters" start up about our team sucks, we fire back saying they may suck but at times they suck real good, especially when they have points on the board ahead of the opposition!

and guilty again about Hill, just because he or others are one of our players does it mean we have to agree it is ok for a high shot or contrary conduct, NO No No! they are professionals, know the rules and we should not be biased because he is one of ours!

So, Christabella, good try to stir up the pot, it has just convinced many more of us that you can be a loose cannon and have succeeded in putting more off side with your attitude and attempts to disrupt those who truelly are Storm supporters! yes, you may attend more NRL games than the majority of us but that does not make you any better or knowledgable! Chill out, don't try and make something out to be what it really isn't! Gee, yesterday, we had a relatively quiet day as supporters but we will never stop enjoying rugby league no matter what the result at the end of the day!

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy :) :)
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

I wasn't having ago at you, and I certainly didn't question your support because I realise how passionate everyone can be (except the insane Tigers fans who started leaving with 15 mins to go) I just found it very amusing.

The Slater stuff almost seemed like an effort to fire him up and Hill has long devided fans by his inconsistant performances.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
OzHEDude
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Not for one moment, Christabella, do i believe a word of wat you have said about our own bagging our own thru song. Sure, we hit the closest thing in our vicinity when something wrong happens to our team, but that can't possibly happen.
Disclaimer:
The above is not a personal attack, insult or a political statement. Therefor it cannot be used against the poster in any court of judgement.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Have we swapped coaches?
This compressed defence has all the hallmarks of Muppet Murray's so called leadership.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

If you look back you'd notice that in the initial post I have laughing icons which suggest it was a joke, I never intended to offend anyone for lack of support for their side.
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

bunnies wrote:
So, Christabella, good try to stir up the pot, it has just convinced many more of us that you can be a loose cannon and have succeeded in putting more off side with your attitude and attempts to disrupt those who truelly are Storm supporters! yes, you may attend more NRL games than the majority of us but that does not make you any better or knowledgable! Chill out, don't try and make something out to be what it really isn't! Gee, yesterday, we had a relatively quiet day as supporters but we will never stop enjoying rugby league no matter what the result at the end of the day!

Cheers
Bunnies & Stormboy :) :)
Geez talk about a pot calling a kettle black... loose cannon indeed!

I wonder why people take life so seriously sometimes that even JOKES and light-hearted comments doesn't register any more.

Everyone knows the Storm fans (especially those who travel to away games) are as passionate as rugby league fans as possible.

To me it sounds like the fans on Sunday had a heap of fun at the footy with the Tigers crowd, (I still can't believe most of them left :lol:) no need to say anymore... chill pills (tic-tacs at work) for everyone peoples!
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

TC wrote: Have we swapped coaches?
This compressed defence has all the hallmarks of Muppet Murray's so called leadership.

Exactly, I was wondering if Mark Murray was pulling Craig's strings.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I got no problem with the sliding Defence as long as they slide back and cover the winger, But geyer doesnt slide he runs out to the centre, he does it time and time again. And its not like Inglis was in any doubt of missing the tackle but Geyer still came in.
Bad decision making IMO by Geyer.
Its funny cos I often joke about with the old man, saying that if they target Geyers wing they will score every time.
cougar
Squall
Squall

or maybe matt geyer spent the off season watching how to play wing like marcus!!!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

:lol: Sometime I wonder how we'd all go if we were a bottom 4 team for a few years. ???

How many of us would be left after we all kill one another
:lol:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well, I certainly can't say that the Tigers game had my undivided attention on the weekend (due to the F1 and how poorly the Storm were going) so I can't really defend Geyer in that game, but in the past I have seen Geyer and other wingers shoot out of the line plenty of times, and I would have to say that MOST of those times it has been due to the attacking team gaining an overlap because our defense isn't sliding quick enough.  If the winger doesn't come up and try to shut down the play, the other team will certainly score.

What pisses everyone off is when the player rushes up and doesn't make the tackle, which seemed to be happening all over the park on the weekend.  Our tackles were very ineffective at times (when we weren't just standing there watching them) - and not just from Geyer either.  But if Geyer had rushed up and made those tackles, everyone would have said what a great read it was and what a great game Geyer had.

And as much as I like Matt King, he does leave his winger stranded quite often, which forces the winger to rush out of the line to shut down the play (I'm not saying this is what happened Vs. Tigers either).

But it seems with every loss there is one player that gets targeted by the "fans" more than others.  This week it's Geyer's turn - most weeks people just saddle the blame with Hill.  The blame belongs to the team, not any one player.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

OzHEDude wrote:Not for one moment, Christabella, do i believe a word of wat you have said about our own bagging our own thru song. Sure, we hit the closest thing in our vicinity when something wrong happens to our team, but that can't possibly happen.
Hey dude, was the table still in one piece after you finished with it?  :lol:
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Christabella wrote: If you look back you'd notice that in the initial post I have laughing icons which suggest it was a joke, I never intended to offend anyone for lack of support for their side.
We all support our Storm in differant ways :D

None are better or worse than any other. :D

Welcome to our "happy" family Christa
  ;)  :lol:

8)
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote: How many of us would be left after we all kill one another
Only me! .... I'm the one with the flame thrower! :violent3:
Thanks for the welcome Mike, don't worry I'll still be going to Storm games long after the rest of the family is burnt to a crisp. :badgrin:
Mike_The_Undertaker wrote: Sometime I wonder how we'd all go if we were a bottom 4 team for a few years. ???
On a serious note, it's hard to fathom a team who was built on a fairly successful tradition being caught at the bottom of the table for more than a couple of years. It's generally accepted that the NRL has reached a stage where every team has a genuine chance at making the finals at the least, by which I mean it's not too hard to go from the bottom to the top in a short period of time.
What's more the Storm have shown a fighting spirit, they had to in order to survive in Melbourne and a level of success only surpassed by the Broncos. Should you have a bad season I'm sure the club could rebuild into a finals team fairly quickly.
lotti

Mike I've done the bottom of the table thing, didn't like it very much I'd much rather Melbourne in the top 8.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!