Is anyone going to Crown tonight?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

to watch SOO? If so, I know it's on at 2 bars so can you post where you'll be. I'll be in my Storm jumper (well it's got a collar!)
cheriebee
Squall
Squall

yep I'll be there Jellyhead with my sister
we'll be in our work shirt's (daggy :roll:) - look out for the 'Downer' tops
not sure which bar as yet

see you there and anybody else who happens to drop in :P
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Was it any good? I couldn't be stuffed going out so I had a late dinner (ordered a pizza) and sat in front of the telly to watch the game.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It was very exciting Surandy. Although my advice for next time is get there early. We had to stand up to watch it on the big screen and most of the crowd were NSW (I'm QLD, not only for Billy & Cam, I'm originally from Toowoomba) so it was interesting!! One guy got up from his seat and a guy standing next to me literally pushed past me to grab it and I'm like woah! So I said (out loud) you snooze you lose and he just turned around and said yep! But I had the last laugh when QLD won - boy was I happy :P

We were too into the game to bother trying to get some dinner so we ended up eating after the game. Would've been good to have been there with a few other Storm supporters though. I was my usual vocal self :D Saw one guy with a Storm t-shirt and 1 girl with a scarf (although she was going for NSW).

We are going to make a night of it for Origin 3. If anyone wants to get together for it, PM me so we can meet up (safety in numbers hehehe and more noise!)
cheriebee
Squall
Squall

I was at Crown as well watching it on the big screen. We got there early and grab seats on the upper level in front. I was actually going for NSW, but couldnt help but scream and yell when Billy & Cam had the ball. There were a few QLD supporters upstairs so we're all giving each other crap. I thought it was a great night with lots of atmosphere. It was also shown in the Sports Bar and I heard that was quite busy as well. Hope Crown show Origin 3 live again, coz there is no way I will pay $15 at All Stars like for Origin 1. It was an utter disgrace :evil:
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

$15 @ Allstars!!! Far out. So if it's on @ Allstars it won't be shown on the big screen? That sucks big time.

I don't suppose Channel Nine could be persuaded to show it live considering our Storm boys did so well and it's a series decider?

Ok just rang them and there's no chance it will be shown live because "they have the statistics to prove that the southern states don't rate well enough to warrant it being shown live. It will be shown @ 10pm". I said to the lady that "gee there's a lot of programs on prime time that don't rate that well! Who can I make a formal complaint to?" She said she will make a note of it :roll: Probably pretends to write it down and even if she did, then put it straight in the bin :x

Channel 9's number is 9429 0201 to register a complaint. I suggest everyone ring at least once! I know it's been done before but it can't hurt our cause.
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

well i rang 30 times for the finals series
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

:-k So Ch Nein are suggesting that utter crap like "Extreme Makeover" :roll: rates better than Origin :?: :x

](*,)
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There's no accounting for taste NZ Storm. Apparently 130,000+ viewers in all of Adelaide, Perth & Melbourne :cry:
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

jellyhead wrote:There's no accounting for taste NZ Storm. Apparently 130,000+ viewers in all of Adelaide, Perth & Melbourne :cry:
130,000 was in MElbourrne alone
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Unfortunately I know of many people that were not included in that figure of 130,000 since they were safely tucked away in bed!

I have a feeling that nein will "come to the party" at the last minute, decide to show SoO3 at 8:30 or 9:30 with some crappy "Postcards" special before that.

I went to the Mt Erica in Prahran. About 30 people or so there for the game. Not too much atmosphere. Might have to brave Crown next game!