Stars head to country

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti wrote:
KINGY wrote: is it the NRL or the clubs that decide where to go?
I'm not sure but the reason the NRL governing body decide to have Origin 3 is to promote the game more in Victoria.  I know that the Broncos and the Cowboys are coming to Rocky for a trial game(I'm not going to it, I only like the Cowboys because their the local club), Manly and the Sharks(I give the sharks up and they come here) are probably going to send their PL sides here as well.  I wish the Storm would send their PL side up here again.
Storm's PL side? You mean the Bears?
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
lotti

I think so, that's if the Bears are the ones that play in the premier league for us.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
yakstorm
Squall
Squall

Seems by today's announcement the Storm will also be heading south of the border.

Melbourne Storm
Group A:  Dennis Scott, Nathan Friend, Jamie Feeney, Jeremy Smith, Jackson Nicolau, Anthony Perkins

Group B: Ryan Hoffman, Ian Donnelly, Steve Turner, Glen Turner, Col Wilkie, Sam Tagatese
[url=http://"http://www.kangarooarmy.com"][img]http://www.kangarooarmy.com/bay331.gif[/img][/url]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Goulburn Valley, hopefully they come to shepp then.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yakstorm wrote: Seems by today's announcement the Storm will also be heading south of the border.

Melbourne Storm
Group A:  Dennis Scott, Nathan Friend, Jamie Feeney, Jeremy Smith, Jackson Nicolau, Anthony Perkins

Group B: Ryan Hoffman, Ian Donnelly, Steve Turner, Glen Turner, Col Wilkie, Sam Tagatese
Well, they're doing something. Better than a poke in the eye with a pointed stick. :D

I wonder, however,wouldn't it generate much more attention if they sent guys like Webster, Slater, King, Smith, Kidwell, Geyer and Hil?  Names the casual Rugby League observer (or even just informed sports fan) would know? Premiership players, Origin and International reps?

Sorry if I'm sounding cantankerous and hard to please. I just feel that in an enviromnment where it's difficult to get attention you should wave a big red flag. And frankly in Victoria as far as League is concerned Billy Slater is the name everyone knows.
No offence intended, but who are Col Wilkie and Sam Tagatese? (rhetorical example)
Storm fans would know Hoffy and Scooter, but many wouldn't recall Steve Turner and would remember Anthony Perkins only as Norman Bates.
Even James Aubusson would be a good choice - having been in the papers as Storm's potential wunderkind. And as for Greg Inglis.... 8)

[/endrant]
Last edited by TC on Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

What I got from skimming that post: Wave a big red flag, Billy Slater! ;D ;D :lol: :lol:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Agree TC Billy the little punk should be going out there for sure.
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

lotti wrote: I think so, that's if the Bears are the ones that play in the premier league for us.
Melbourne Storm doesn't have a premier league,(or a Qld cup side for that matter,though I think they have a closer relationship with Brisbane Nth than they have with Nth Sydney ?).
The Nth Sydney Bears much stated aim is to have 'their own team in the NRL again' .
We will only have a Melbourne Storm lower grade team when
A: The NRL decides to spend serious money on the game in Victoria / Melbourne and builds a talent pool.
B: The club has a viable Victorian based team for those players it currently sends interstate.

After eight seasons in Melbourne,(the original success plan called for 5 years),is this really such an outrageous ask ?
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
lotti

No it's not.  NRL I thought having a SOO game in Melbourne was supposed to promote the game down there you could also put money into the VRL(a SOO team would be nice of course then I would be forced to go for that team instead of the blues) so the Storm could access an untapped talent resource it will also give young Victorian league hopefulls a place to nurture their talents instead of having to go interstate or having to ditch league entirely for AFL come on you've seen with Webster that Victoria produces league talent why not nurture it.

Billy Slater isn't the only talented league player in Victoria that everyone knows about Jake Webster(and unlike Billy Jake is from Victoria he was born in Mooney Ponds), Matt 3  Origin tries King, Cam Smith he's sorta cute upclose but not as cute as Billy, Greg Inglis, Cooper Cronk, Scott Hill. Dallas Joihnson(my fellow Manly forum members have suggested that Manly steal, I don't want them to isn't getting Bell enough?), the turner boys.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

lotti wrote: No it's not. NRL I thought having a SOO game in Melbourne was supposed to promote the game down there you could also put money into the VRL(a SOO team would be nice of course then I would be forced to go for that team instead of the blues) so the Storm could access an untapped talent resource it will also give young Victorian league hopefulls a place to nurture their talents instead of having to go interstate or having to ditch league entirely for AFL come on you've seen with Webster that Victoria produces league talent why not nurture it.

Billy Slater isn't the only talented league player in Victoria that everyone knows about Jake Webster(and unlike Billy Jake is from Victoria he was born in Mooney Ponds), Matt 3 Origin tries King, [glow=red,2,300]Cam Smith he's sorta cute upclose but not as cute as Billy[/glow], Greg Inglis, Cooper Cronk, Scott Hill. Dallas Joihnson(my fellow Manly forum members have suggested that Manly steal, I don't want them to isn't getting Bell enough?), the turner boys.

What the hell??? I thought you were a guy,
but you must be a chick yeah?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

simo wrote: What the hell??? I thought you were a guy,
Do you actually read that drivel???
lotti

simo wrote:
lotti wrote: No it's not. NRL I thought having a SOO game in Melbourne was supposed to promote the game down there you could also put money into the VRL(a SOO team would be nice of course then I would be forced to go for that team instead of the blues) so the Storm could access an untapped talent resource it will also give young Victorian league hopefulls a place to nurture their talents instead of having to go interstate or having to ditch league entirely for AFL come on you've seen with Webster that Victoria produces league talent why not nurture it.

Billy Slater isn't the only talented league player in Victoria that everyone knows about Jake Webster(and unlike Billy Jake is from Victoria he was born in Mooney Ponds), Matt 3 Origin tries King, [glow=red,2,300]Cam Smith he's sorta cute upclose but not as cute as Billy[/glow], Greg Inglis, Cooper Cronk, Scott Hill. Dallas Joihnson(my fellow Manly forum members have suggested that Manly steal, I don't want them to isn't getting Bell enough?), the turner boys.

yeah I'm a girl, chick is a sexist term.
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

lotti wrote:
simo wrote: What the hell??? I thought you were a guy,
Sorry 'bout the colours - couldn't resist the temptation  :P

An internet persona is such a slippery thing isn't it ROFLMAO
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

lotti wrote:
simo wrote:

Hahaha that's funny.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti changes sex the same amount of times he/she changes teams.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]