Panthers vs Storm in Adelaide at Easter

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!

Will you go to see Storm play the Panthers in Adelaide in Round 6?

Poll runs till Sun Sep 08, 2041 4:47 am

Yes
46%
No
29%
Maybe
21%
Don't know
4%

Total votes: 28
MONY
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

it would take me about 9 thousand days to get from Sydney to Adelaide by car plus I dont drive and I wouldnt want to go by myself and no one would come with me :(
tdcockers
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Lord Reynoldson wrote:Damn I wish I'd just win lotto for once
just think of all the money you could have saved if you hadn't bought *any* lotto tickets in the first place.

just to make you feel better, i am remembering my maths c assignments from grade 11 - your chance of winning gold lotto is 1 in 8,145,060. the chance of winning powerball is even better at 1 in 54,979,155.
nat
Squall
Squall

ummm... maybe im dumb but why is the game in adelaide??
[img]http://members.optushome.com.au/rhjrlfc/nat.jpg[/img]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Penrith needs a game away from home because their home ground will still be undergoing upgrades, might as well send it to Adelaide for promotional purposes.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think most of the lcoals will be barracking 4 the Panthers seeing as thery had Victorians btu yeh i will prob jump aboard the overland and go
betweenthelies
Squall
Squall

when i went to adelaide with my brother's band http://www.drop-gauge.com it took us 12 hours in a toyota hiace van haha, hopefully they can hook something up when this game is on
Dance and laugh and play. ignore the message we convey.
It seems we’re only here to entertain.
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tdcockers wrote:
Lord Reynoldson wrote:Damn I wish I'd just win lotto for once
just think of all the money you could have saved if you hadn't bought *any* lotto tickets in the first place.

just to make you feel better, i am remembering my maths c assignments from grade 11 - your chance of winning gold lotto is 1 in 8,145,060. the chance of winning powerball is even better at 1 in 54,979,155.
Actually, I'm in the black in regards to money paid out and won on lotto. :D

:faroah:
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Anyone have any idea when this game will be played.I'd gather it won't be on the Friday night.I know the NRL haven't announced time & date yet but I was hoping someone may have an idea.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Christabella wrote: Grrrrrrrr one more thing I hate about the draw :evil:
I spent a week in SA in 2003 and that was enough, I have no intention of going back any time soon.
That place is lima lima lima duck...

What the hell are they doing placing promotional games in SA, when we struggle to get crowds in Melbourne where we actually have a franchise? how bout they concentrate on getting crowds to areas that already have a team before galevanting around the country side...
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

KimmorleyKiller wrote:
Christabella wrote: Grrrrrrrr one more thing I hate about the draw :evil:
I spent a week in SA in 2003 and that was enough, I have no intention of going back any time soon.
Why not have a promotional game in Adelaide? It's not like the NRL care too much about promoting the game in a co-ordinated and intelligent fashion otherwise there would be at least one trial match in Victoria every year!

That place is lima lima lima duck...

What the hell are they doing placing promotional games in SA, when we struggle to get crowds in Melbourne where we actually have a franchise? how bout they concentrate on getting crowds to areas that already have a team before galevanting around the country side...
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Approximately how many hours drive is it from Melbourne to Adelaide?

I am contemplating taking some holidays, driving to Melbourne the first day, then from there to Adelaide, and spending some time either in South Australia or along the coast, and catching the Storm Knights game on the way back.

Also, anyone know the shortest way from Sydney to Adelaide?  DO you have to head all the way the south - other than by using a 4WD and going in a stright line over everything in the middle of nowhere.

TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lord Reynoldson wrote: Approximately how many hours drive is it from Melbourne to Adelaide?
You can do it legally in about 8.
Also, anyone know the shortest way from Sydney to Adelaide?  DO you have to head all the way the south - other than by using a 4WD and going in a stright line over everything in the middle of nowhere.
You can actually take the straight route through the middle of nowhere, and you won't need the 4x4.  :lol:
You take the Hume south, then the Sturt Hwy west over the Hay Plain (Sydney-Goulburn-Wagga-Mildura-Adelaide). Save 4 or 5 hundred km and plenty of time, and get to see some parts of Australia you'd otherwise never see.

Take plenty of CDs and some good company though. You've heard Australia called "The wide brown land"? Well, this is it. Miles and bloody miles of it.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

or you could take the shortcut over the skies and get there in around 2 hours ;D
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

At this stage and although it is my birthday weekend, I think I need to stay at home and look after our new baby.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thunderstruck wrote: or you could take the shortcut over the skies and get there in around 2 hours ;D
That would be simple...and actually probably a bit more expensive.

And besides, I'm plotting a 2 week holiday going to Adelaide, then moving along the coast to Melbourne....incidentally arriving in time for the opening home game against the Knights - don't ya just love coincidences! ;)  And then heading back north.