STORM VS COWBOYS LIVE MATCH UPDATE

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sure was. We didnt help ourselves though.

Why is it that Scott Hill can somehow find ways to pass the ball on the first tackle, yet on the 5th he cant even get a hand free to throw it out the back..

All we needed was another set!!!

Anyway looks like we'll be winning the premiership the hard way.
Im going out to forget about the game now :P Cyas
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

That last set is hard to hold it aganst your team, the Cowboys put up a mighty effort in defence.
The one you have a lot to be pissed off at is Slater handing them a try in the first half ... that was a howler of mammoth propotions in the whole scheme of the game.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
pods
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Christabella wrote:That last set is hard to hold it aganst your team, the Cowboys put up a mighty effort in defence.
The one you have a lot to be pissed off at is Slater handing them a try in the first half ... that was a howler of mammoth propotions in the whole scheme of the game.
Yep! One decision never looses a game.. the performance over 80 mins did. The storm should put themselfs further a head incase strange unforseen things happen, but that isnt always possible.. Also, we were beat'n by a pretty good side tonight!!!
Help edit the Rugby League Wikipedia - The Encyclopedia created for the people, by the people. Also the best thing to happen to Rugby League since Dally Messenger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

reality check right before the finals...could work in our favour...but we don't have 'momentum'
hrmm, im not doing the player votes next year, nearly every game i've had we lose :(
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
lotti

did the Cowboys have to beat Melbourne, mean ol' Cowboys.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

god damn.... I am so pissed off at that bloody Penalty Try decision, but we lost that game in the first 20 minutes. The last 60 I was happy with how we played. They were only able to score off kicks, so our defence was solid from that point on, and our attack was ok, not great but ok. Would have been a handy game to win, but the intensity will be a good thing looking to next week. Now I'm just trying to work out who I want to win today. On form, I wouldn't mind playing the Broncos, which means wests have to lose. Problem there is that if Wests lose, I will be more pissed about that bloody decision as we would have got top 4 with a win. Damn it.

I'm meant to be trying to give votes on last nights game too, man is that tough.

The other thing with a loss is I won't be able to go next week. Friday night I was definitely going to, but I have to work at 6am Sunday, so a sat night game interstate is not possible really.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm matched it well with the Big forward pack of the Cowboys, Dennis Scott was superb in getting in and tackling those big guys.
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

simo wrote:Storm matched it well with the Big forward pack of the Cowboys, Dennis Scott was superb in getting in and tackling those big guys.
Yes They did.

It was just silly mistakes that cost us and a couple of missed oportunities.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote:god damn.... I am so pissed off at that bloody Penalty Try decision, but we lost that game in the first 20 minutes.
We lost it from the start by allowing them to put 18 on us in the first 20 minutes. The fact that we stayed in the game after that opening is an amazing effort by the guys.

The penalty try? It shouldn't have mattered as the game should not have been that close in the first place.

Now I'm just waiting to see where and who we are playing next week so I can book a flight and accommodation!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

To Brizzie you go Son :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote:The penalty try? It shouldn't have mattered as the game should not have been that close in the first place.
I don't wanna harp on about this too much but IMO, true it shouldn't have mattered however the game was close and giving the penalty try handed the Cowboys the points and handed them back posession so it did matter. Regardless of the first 20 minutes or not, we would've had posession with scores at 20-18 so who knows what might have happened... I know one thing, we'd possibly be sitting here working out where we'd be sitting/standing next week AT OLYMPIC PARK!!!

Anyway, at the moment I'm just hoping ch 9 grow a brain and broadcast the Broncos v Storm game live into Melbourne, its gonna be a cracker, it almost always is...
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

i wasnt impressed with our defence esp on geyers side of the field. Orford and king had trouble all night and kept coming in side and rushing up.

the ball handling was awful.

and slater had an absolute shocker.

the forwards were good for awhile and we started getting over them but the penalty try and letting the ball go dead from the kick off took the wind out of our sails.

if we improve our defence then im confident we can do much better/
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
lotti

Andy you're Brisbane bound, wish I was. King and Orford made a line break each.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!