Junior Langi moves?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

On the League Unlimited forums someone mentioned that the Eels have signed Junior Langi. Can anyone confirm?
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I haven't heard anything about that, which doesn't really mean much, but I just checked the parramatta website and can't find anything about it.
I hope not, I am a bit of a fan of Junior and the way he plays.
On a side note, have you guys seen the new parramatta jersey... bloody ugly jumper for mine. The blue one is respectable, but the gold one is horrid!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

the gold parra jersey and their new logo are horrendous.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thunderstruck wrote:On the League Unlimited forums someone mentioned that the Eels have signed Junior Langi. Can anyone confirm?
Wouldn't surprise me to see him gone actually. I don't think Bellamy rates him much as he didn't give him a single game last year even after returning from injury. We also have an abundance of quality backs and with signings of S.Turner and B.MacDougall as well as the emergence of Slater, Bell, Cooper and King in the backline...we don't really need him anymore.

I haven't heard anything either way, but it wouldn't surprise me to hear that he has left Melbourne.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

here you don't rate Langi yet on another forum you mentioned him as one of the great talents the club has lost. make up your mind bro.
Lucas wrote:I must admit that I am really disappointed with how Storm have gone about retaining players etc. in that last 6 months or so. We have lost some great young talent in Michael Russo, Mitchell Sargeant and Junior Langi but elected to keep older players like Howe, Hill, Kearns, Ross, McFadden and signed up Chan and MacDougall as well!!!!
Langi may not have played for the Storm last season (CMIIW) but I remember him playing or at least saw his name on the list for a number of the Devils' games.

By the way, do we still have new players signed during Muppet's years?
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thunderstruck wrote:here you don't rate Langi yet on another forum you mentioned him as one of the great talents the club has lost. make up your mind bro.
Lucas wrote:I must admit that I am really disappointed with how Storm have gone about retaining players etc. in that last 6 months or so. We have lost some great young talent in Michael Russo, Mitchell Sargeant and Junior Langi but elected to keep older players like Howe, Hill, Kearns, Ross, McFadden and signed up Chan and MacDougall as well!!!!
Langi may not have played for the Storm last season (CMIIW) but I remember him playing or at least saw his name on the list for a number of the Devils' games.

By the way, do we still have new players signed during Muppet's years?
You misread what I wrote above, I never said that I didn't rate him. I said that "I don't think Bellamy rates him"....I would certainly like to have him around, as long as he wasn't demanding a small fortune. I rate him very highly as a player and think he will become a very good player at Paramatta.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think that Junior's form has always been too unpredictable. I class him as a "plays well when he has great support" player. His form did pick up towards the end, but then I didn't even notice that he hadn't played all year!!
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Im dissapointed both Tadulala and Junior arnt still with the Storm.