Round 27 - Broncos vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 4:11 pm he is in the top 10 in the NRL for errors and he made 5 a few weeks ago against the Phins
Couldn't resist, could you?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Papenhuyzen23
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 6:38 pm [quote=Papenhuyzen23 post_id=202244 time=<a href="tel:1725603095">1725603095</a> user_id=4243]
he is in the top 10 in the NRL for errors and he made 5 a few weeks ago against the Phins
[/quote]

Just sharing some facts, 34 errors on the year has him sitting equal fifth in the NRL, no other Storm player is in the top 50.

#butterfingers

I said he had a good game last night, it’ll take more than that to convince me he is our long term option there, Sua showed me just as much last night and has a lot higher ceiling in my opinion.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:50 pm
TC wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 6:38 pm [quote=Papenhuyzen23 post_id=202244 time=<a href="tel:1725603095">1725603095</a> user_id=4243]
he is in the top 10 in the NRL for errors and he made 5 a few weeks ago against the Phins
Just sharing some facts, 34 errors on the year has him sitting equal fifth in the NRL, no other Storm player is in the top 50.

#butterfingers

[/quote]

No, not just "sharing some facts".
Let's face it, if there are glass-half-full and glass-half-empty people, you're a my-glass-contains-bitter-swill-so-I'll-spit-in-everyone-else's person.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Papenhuyzen23
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bitter about what exactly? I’ve made it crystal clear that I don’t think Warbrick is good enough for first grade, he played magnificently against the Broncos which I pointed out and praised, doesn’t take away from the facts that he has had a poor season overall and it’ll take more than 1 big performance to change my opinion of him. I’m glad he is improving and moving in the right direction I love this club and would love nothing more than to eat humble pie on this one trust me.

I’m still not sure why you continue to comment every time I mention his name though, is he your significant other or something? It’s not like there’s never been negative facts pointed out about other players before, but for some reason you struggle and get hyper sensitive to any feedback regarding Warbrick?

Odd.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2024 2:56 pm Bitter about what exactly? I’ve made it crystal clear that I don’t think Warbrick is good enough for first grade, he played magnificently against the Broncos which I pointed out and praised, doesn’t take away from the facts that he has had a poor season overall and it’ll take more than 1 big performance to change my opinion of him. I’m glad he is improving and moving in the right direction I love this club and would love nothing more than to eat humble pie on this one trust me.

I’m still not sure why you continue to comment every time I mention his name though, is he your significant other or something? It’s not like there’s never been negative facts pointed out about other players before, but for some reason you struggle and get hyper sensitive to any feedback regarding Warbrick?

Odd.
I think the issue is, if it can be called that, you keep chipping away at Warbrick. I'm not a fan of Munster but don't keep on it.
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry
Papenhuyzen23
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Probably blessed that I don’t have much to nitpick about with this team, I could stow it a little bit regarding Warbrick but I feel like I can’t even mutter his name without triggering someone.

We are so good across the park, and for *most* of the season that edge of Meaney and Warbrick was always alarming for me particularly in defence, I guess it never changing always got under my skin as I thought we could do so much better out there.

They have both improved as the season has gone on but let’s not pretend they are both elite options, earlier in the year Howarth and Sua were playing reserve grade on an edge and it blew my mind, it’s not repeating to stir the pot, I just can’t fathom how the experiment lasted as long as it did.

Like I said earlier, very happy to eat humble pie on this point, it’s not me against Warbrick, I want the best for the club and the best team picked to give us a chance at the title, I always thought Warbrick was the weak link and I hope I’m wrong.

I’ll try to keep the chatter more positive, we are on top and looking golden!
yanjarra
Squall
Squall

The Black Dot wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 1:19 pm
blazza18 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 12:43 pm Would like to know if anyone said anything to Warbrick or if he's taken it upon himself to run a bit harder. He finally started to take advantage of being a big fast dude and it's paying off. Howarth instead of Smith is another big upgrade in the metres department for us as well. Both guys really take a lot of pressure off the forward pack.

Edit; I'd like to add Anderson in that as well. Not quite the metre eater but he got through a ton of work out of our own half.
I'd be interested on what others think as to Howarth being susceptible to aa winger/center with good footwork. There's no doubt he's a gun and his post contact metres are tremendous
I'm worried about his lateral movement under the fatigue pump on our line in a tight contest againt a speedy 3/4, mariner made him look silly the other night
yanjarra
Squall
Squall

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2024 8:50 pm

#butterfingers

I said he had a good game last night, it’ll take more than that to convince me he is our long term option there, Sua showed me just as much last night and has a lot higher ceiling in my opinion.
[/quote]
A lot higher ceiling of getting driven 20 metres backwards and injured