Round 26 - Cowboys vs Storm (Kind Of)

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:58 am There's another what if too but I don't want to single out one bad player.
Give me a clue, forward or back?
Or, a link between forward and back???
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry
yanjarra
Squall
Squall

cop it broncs, its nice to have the option now. Would still like to pi$$ on their grave and blow them away to end their miserable season after last years finals. Still got the image burned in my brain of bris fans doing that stupid arm dance when papa went down in the game at suncorp as I sat there in the crowd with a lump in my throat.

One game of football in like 4/5 weeks probably isn't enough heading into a preliminary final despite the benefits of rest. If we were bottom 4 and had to play 4 straight in finals it would be a different story but obviously we are gunning for the week off in week2. I think playing as close to full strength this week as possible is the right play despite injury risk which is there every time they lace up a boot.

I can see the argument both ways, I'm sure belly and the high performance staff will get it right. I think it will likely be down to the individual now this week which would be the way to go. Anyone who has a niggle that could be improved with an extra weeks rest can have another week off, fully fit players or those that wont benefit from an extra weeks rest play. I think a full strength line up will be a good sign that they are all fit and healthy and raring to go. If there's a few missing this week there might be some concerning niggles heading into finals which we don't want.
Last edited by yanjarra on Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yanjarra
Squall
Squall

Bullucked wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 1:38 pm
blazza18 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 9:58 am There's another what if too but I don't want to single out one bad player.
I'm intrigued to, krs?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thinking either a winger or a helmeted forward
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What if one to three kicks were better.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Don't think anyone's game warranted a shitcanning.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ieremia. He just generally looks a bit lost out on the field.
The Black Dot
Squall
Squall

blazza18 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:22 pm
Ieremia. He just generally looks a bit lost out on the field.
The Lack of communication between him and Sua was obvious and the consequences were quite catastrophic