Round 18 Tigers v Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
User avatar
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 4846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 1:03 pm
Location: Brisbane

I would not want Wishart anywhere that isn't hooker or in the halves.

Munster's defence stinks and was only getting worse but he needs to get back to being 100% before we question his place in the team. It's at least a full year now where he's been dealing with either the knee or groin.
User avatar
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 6115
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:27 pm
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Munster re-signing with us is a real sliding doors moment. I wonder what our squad make up would have looked like for 2025/26 if we lost Munster and had a million or so to invest in a quality centre and a prop.
User avatar
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 4846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 1:03 pm
Location: Brisbane

Yeah, that was one of my arguments against it at the time. Attracting good players to Melbourne might have been tough and I don't think our scouting/development has been good for awhile either so I get why keeping the elite talent you have was the choice.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:50 pm

yourhero wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:20 am Munster re-signing with us is a real sliding doors moment. I wonder what our squad make up would have looked like for 2025/26 if we lost Munster and had a million or so to invest in a quality centre and a prop.
I’m semi bitter that Finucane and Hynes had to leave when we had to keep Brandon Smith (who wanted to go to the Roosters) and Cameron Munster (who at that time was seriously starting to have Dolphin thoughts)
User avatar
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 4846
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 1:03 pm
Location: Brisbane

From fox sports' reserves wrap the other day..
Reimis Smith spent another week in NSW Cup, but perhaps his dominant performance for the Bears will be enough to force his way back into the Storm’s line-up when they return from the bye in Round 20.

Smith set up two tires, got a linebreak assist, four tackle busts and ran 182 metres in the Bears’ win over Blacktown Workers.
If he's not back next week then something is for sure up.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon
Posts: 1077
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:23 pm

blazza18 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:52 am From fox sports' reserves wrap the other day..
Reimis Smith spent another week in NSW Cup, but perhaps his dominant performance for the Bears will be enough to force his way back into the Storm’s line-up when they return from the bye in Round 20.

Smith set up two tires, got a linebreak assist, four tackle busts and ran 182 metres in the Bears’ win over Blacktown Workers.
If he's not back next week then something is for sure up.
Yeah, I read that too.
Regardless of his inexperience I think we have to keep the Keanu Reeves lookalike (Howarth) in the centres, he has got the goods. That leaves the other side, Reimus or Anderson or, gulp, Meaney. (Now if only our defenders would push out with the ball)
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Posts: 6784
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Bullucked wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:19 pm
blazza18 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:52 am From fox sports' reserves wrap the other day..
Reimis Smith spent another week in NSW Cup, but perhaps his dominant performance for the Bears will be enough to force his way back into the Storm’s line-up when they return from the bye in Round 20.

Smith set up two tires, got a linebreak assist, four tackle busts and ran 182 metres in the Bears’ win over Blacktown Workers.
If he's not back next week then something is for sure up.
Yeah, I read that too.
Regardless of his inexperience I think we have to keep the Keanu Reeves lookalike (Howarth) in the centres, he has got the goods. That leaves the other side, Reimus or Anderson or, gulp, Meaney. (Now if only our defenders would push out with the ball)
Glad I'm not the only one seeing Keanu Reeves 🤣
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager
Posts: 3552
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:59 pm
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue

Mattpoet wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:43 pm
Bullucked wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:19 pm
blazza18 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:52 am From fox sports' reserves wrap the other day..



If he's not back next week then something is for sure up.
Yeah, I read that too.
Regardless of his inexperience I think we have to keep the Keanu Reeves lookalike (Howarth) in the centres, he has got the goods. That leaves the other side, Reimus or Anderson or, gulp, Meaney. (Now if only our defenders would push out with the ball)
Glad I'm not the only one seeing Keanu Reeves 🤣
Let's hope he plays like Johnny Utah not 'Ted' Theodore Logan.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon
Posts: 1077
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:23 pm

TC wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 5:07 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:43 pm
Bullucked wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:19 pm

Yeah, I read that too.
Regardless of his inexperience I think we have to keep the Keanu Reeves lookalike (Howarth) in the centres, he has got the goods. That leaves the other side, Reimus or Anderson or, gulp, Meaney. (Now if only our defenders would push out with the ball)
Glad I'm not the only one seeing Keanu Reeves 🤣
Let's hope he plays like Johnny Utah not 'Ted' Theodore Logan.
"woooooa", Ted or Neo???
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry
Post Reply