Wishart

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would anyone else like to see Wishart tried at 13 at some point when we have players back? He defends well, has good leg speed, would be able to take advantage of tired big guys in the middle and has a passing and kicking game so would provide a link man/extra last play option.
Papenhuyzen23
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not a bad shout. Carrying a 3rd prop there essentially at the moment isn’t doing us any favours.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good call Mattpoet. I think it might be time to get Garlick into the 17 too. Can give Harry a rest and can play in the middle too.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As we know with Wishy he would provide some positive football at any spot as long as it's not fullback/wing. He'd certainly offer some creativity in the 13 jersey. Only worry would be his size.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Walker, Mann and Watson all manage so it can be done at his size. I think it would potentially really unlock the attack a bit to use him as an extra ball player and his speed and evasiveness late in games could turn him into a match winner.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like the idea of some leg speed in and around the middle, plus Wish has proven he can push his nose through the line.

Like others though, I would be concerned about size. He defends OK most of the time, however we have seen him bumped off on a few occasions. Also a question of how effective his running game would be after tackling 120kg props 20+ times a game.

Other clubs may be able to run smaller guys there. But they also probably have forward packs with props that can make 100m a game…
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fair points but I guess you could always start someone else and throw him in after 20 like we used to do with Hinchcliffe