Round 12 - Sea Eagles vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Friday 8pm
4 Pines Park, Sydney

The Battle of Brooky 2024. Manly have beaten us the last two times we have played at Brooky.

Tui ‘s100th NRL game.

Hughes uncertain, may get rested as we have the bye the following week and some extra time to get the calf right.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sounds like Hughes is ruled out. Will be interesting to see if Meaney moves to 6, Anderson again, or CB pulls something from left field.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jahrome would be able to have a month off if we can get through this week without him.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wonder if we can call Ryley Jacks in as cover
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not sure I like it but surely Meaney moves into five-eighth here with Anderson playing in the centres.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this is the first of many games Garlick is selected for over the next few weeks given Grant is playing 80 minutes lately and he has Origin commitments. Garlick might also be trusted to cover some positions in the halves (at least as a defender).
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well we have Keegan Russell smith who debuted for the bears at the start of the year played 4 games at the bears while Ben stephanoic and Kieran Hayman were both injured when Ben and Kieran both came back he moved back to jersey flegg and just last week during magic round debuted at Brisbane tigers after Jonah and Jack miers the tigers halfback and 5/8 both have gone down with ACLs …I watched the game last night (on Kayo) he played ok not a stand out Ryley jacks stood out a heap more then KRS but he did enough to say he did ok..he missed a few tackles but his kicking game was good ….also Chris Mcqueen seemed like he was his body guard for most of the game would give NAS a job looking after him I reckon NAS would love that

In saying that I highly doubt bellza would just debut KRS he is a guy who manufactures players into a 5/8 halfback so I expect him to do that
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Exactly why I can't shake the idea of Jacks coming in short term. He knows the players and the systems and he's a decent defender.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Klown ref with Atkins in the bunker, kicking us while we're short handed
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Team for this week

Sualauvi Faalogo
Will Warbrick
Reimis Smith
Nick Meaney
Xavier Coates
Tyran Wishart
Jahrome Hughes
Tui Kamikamica
Harry Grant
Christian Welch
Shawn Blore
Eliesa Katoa
Josh king
Trent Loiero
Grant Anderson
Nelson Asofa-Solomona
Alec MacDonald

RESERVES
Bronson Garlick
Jack Howarth
Joe Chan
Dean Ieremia
Tristan Powell
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely with the bye next week, we give Jahrome another game off.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Scooter wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:44 pm Surely with the bye next week, we give Jahrome another game off.
With Klown as ref we'll be playing against 14, so I guess Bellamy thinks we need the extra fire power.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Papenhuyzen23
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:44 pm Surely with the bye next week, we give Jahrome another game off.
This is the smart move, with the injuries happening to our spine we can’t afford to lose him. It’s definitely worth the risk of losing this game but having a fit JH after the bye.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ieremia, Powell and Howarth drop out
Papenhuyzen23
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Koula out for Manly too, debut for young Lehi Hopoate.

Saw the tips on NRL.com, majority have tipped Manly, very surprised at that, whilst we are not full strength we are in this up to our eye balls.

Hughes in and Koula out is a huge swing in our favour.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes in is massive. If our props can aim up, I think we get this one done in a real close battle.