Magic RD 2024 Storm v parramatta

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm
1 Sualauvi Faalogo
2 William Warbrick
3 Reimis Smith
4 Nick Meaney
5 Xavier Coates
6 Cameron Munster
7 Tyran Wishart
8 Christian Welch
9 Harry Grant
10 Josh King
11 Shawn Blore
12 Eliesa Katoa
13 Trent Loiero
14 Jack Howarth
15 Tui Kamikamica
16 Nelson Asofa-Solomona
17 Alec MacDonald
18 Grant Anderson
19 Joe Chan
20 Bronson Garlick
21 Dean Ieremia
22 Chris Lewis
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Coates being back would be huge. Curious how close Warbrick would to being the one he came in for?

The middles didn’t do much last week so will need to bounce back.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:37 pm Coates being back would be huge. Curious how close Warbrick would to being the one he came in for?

The middles didn’t do much last week so will need to bounce back.
I sometimes think we need a thread on the deeper team plans more than just the week to week observations.
Last week left me scratching my head and wondering, if we had him, would Xavier have made any difference. Personally, I think no.

Last week, the Sharks really showed up the value of size in a team (forwards AND backs). Sure there can be an advantage in moving them around but we were guilty of not moving them around. When allowed a head of steam in a straight line they just steamrollered us (forwards AND backs), maybe we miss Juzzy just a little?

Is it a coaching decision to NOT have forwards take the first three to four hitups from a turn over near the goal line. For years I've been critical of the forwards not getting back on side and taking the tough runs out of defence but the penny finally dropped with me last week when EVERYBODY was onside and the first four hitups were taken, without much success it must be said, by the backs. It's gotta be a coaching decision / direction. Are we / is he (Bellamy) conserving the forwards?
Blazza, you're respected (in my eyes) what's your opinion about this?
Position - Left right out or hung out to dry
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not sure if we're very good at coming out of our own end with either our backs or forwards haha.

It's not just a Bellamy thing. The numbers might be different off the back of a kick vs starting a set after turnover but all teams use their outside backs because it lowers the workload of the forwards.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m a bit worried paras gonna end up smashing us eghhhh
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:57 pm I’m a bit worried paras gonna end up smashing us eghhhh
You’ve said similar things before Sallymay and we’ve won by 40 points 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Storm will aim up at Suncorp and barring injuries……should beat this parra team. It’ll be mindset mainly… expecting they will play their GF against us is critical to having the boys primed.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am often pessimistic about our chances at times also, but I think we win well against Parra.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would be nice to bounce back both after last weeks loss but also from our last two magic round duds.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:16 pm I'm not sure if we're very good at coming out of our own end with either our backs or forwards haha.

It's not just a Bellamy thing. The numbers might be different off the back of a kick vs starting a set after turnover but all teams use their outside backs because it lowers the workload of the forwards.
This is why I’m relieved Moses isn’t playing. His long distance kicking causes all sorts of problems.
Shuttlesworth99
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

blazza18 wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 12:16 pm I'm not sure if we're very good at coming out of our own end with either our backs or forwards haha.

I’m just always praying Warbrick doesn’t knock on every time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did anyone go to training this morning? Anything to report?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lewis, Ieremia and Chan droo out
Bartos
Squall
Squall

Lord and Savior Mr GA comes onto the bench
Papenhuyzen23
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I’m sorry I know Bellamy is the master coach and all but I’ve got to call him out, carrying Anderson, a winger by trade on the bench ahead of true utilities like Garlick and Howarth is just laughable, what is he thinking?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 3:24 pm I’m sorry I know Bellamy is the master coach and all but I’ve got to call him out, carrying Anderson, a winger by trade on the bench ahead of true utilities like Garlick and Howarth is just laughable, what is he thinking?
Bizarre.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time