Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apologies I mis heard about Blore there’s nothing wrong with him
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Hughes does a calf properly, he doesn’t finish the match. I wonder how severe it is ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hopefully Coates will be back , to replace Sua ( assuming the young lad is unavailable) next week

If Hughes also unavailable, then Meaney and Wishart will play 1 and 6 ( or 6 and 1 ). Someone will need to come into the centres, and Garlick will presumably come in as the 14.

I feel so flat with these injuries, especially to poor Paps. He has done so incredibly well to fight his way back to top form. Hopefully it is just a sprain and he can be back well before finals .
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:59 pm Hopefully Coates will be back , to replace Sua ( assuming the young lad is unavailable) next week

If Hughes also unavailable, then Meaney and Wishart will play 1 and 6 ( or 6 and 1 ). Someone will need to come into the centres, and Garlick will presumably come in as the 14.

I feel so flat with these injuries, especially to poor Paps. He has done so incredibly well to fight his way back to top form. Hopefully it is just a sprain and he can be back well before finals .
Why wouldn’t Munny play 6 ?
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And losing Pezet too, brutal week.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Papenhuyzen has just posted on Instagram that he has a minor fracture above the plate in his ankle. Says he’ll “be back soon”.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:16 pm
RobbieRoss wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:59 pm Hopefully Coates will be back , to replace Sua ( assuming the young lad is unavailable) next week

Sorry - 1 and 7 .
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

NRL Physio saying 6-8 weeks for adequate bone healing for Paps fracture, not great news but not season ending which is fantastic, if anyone can fight back from this it’s him, would be mentally steeled to deal with it.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nrlphysio say 6/8 weeks …I’ll take that be back in July
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:51 pm
Storm Spirit wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 10:16 pm

Sorry - 1 and 7 .
👍👍
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Melbourne halfback Jahrome Hughes said he felt his calf "pop" early in the 22-20 win over Gold Coast and is no certainty to play Cronulla at home on Saturday in the NRL top of the table clash

Hughes's injury came on the back of a leg fracture to gun fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen and a knee injury to winger Sua Fa'alogo who filled in at No.1 when Papenhuyzen went off. Fa'alogo earlier left the field for an HIA, which he passed before returning.

Hughes wants to play the Sharks but said he was unsure whether he would.

"In the first 10 minutes I felt it," Hughes told AAP after the win at Robina.

"I am not too sure exactly what it is, just that it is in my calf. I felt it pop.

"I feel as though I won't be playing next week but I will get scans and hopefully it is not too bad. I want to play but it is still pretty sore at the moment."

"I was keen to come off but then the boys started dropping like flies," Hughes said, when asked why he stayed on the field.

"Poor Paps got injured again and Sua came off. I spoke to the physio and asked if I should stay on and he said so long as it doesn't get any worse.

"I felt like a bit of a traffic cone out there for a while. I was there, but I wasn't really there."
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sounds like Hughes is not going to play next week, such a shame we have lost so many big names right before our top of the table clash.

Probably run something like this assuming X is back:

1. Nick Meaney
2. Will Warbrick
3. Reimis Smith
4. Grant Anderson/Marion Seve/Jack Howarth
5. Xavier Coates
6. Cameron Munster
7. Tyran Wishart
8. Christian Welch
9. Harry Grant (c)
10. Josh King
11. Elisea Katoa
12. Shawn Blore
13. Trent Loiero

14. Bronson Garlick
15. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
16. Alec MacDonald
17. Joe Chan
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Frank Ponissi’s just gone on the record and stated it’s four to six weeks Papenhuyzen will be out.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The poor fella deserved an extended run.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen23 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:03 am Sounds like Hughes is not going to play next week, such a shame we have lost so many big names right before our top of the table clash.

Probably run something like this assuming X is back:

1. Nick Meaney
2. Will Warbrick
3. Reimis Smith
4. Grant Anderson/Marion Seve/Jack Howarth
5. Xavier Coates
6. Cameron Munster
7. Tyran Wishart
8. Christian Welch
9. Harry Grant (c)
10. Josh King
11. Elisea Katoa
12. Shawn Blore
13. Trent Loiero

14. Bronson Garlick
15. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
16. Alec MacDonald
17. Joe Chan
Well it won’t be Maz playing he was at the 21s game yesterday and I asked why he wasn’t playing tigers (we were both watching the Brisbane tigers game) he said he did had a hammy strain would be out for a few weeks

Grant Anderson scored in the falcons game so I’d say his next in line