Round 9 vs Gold Coast Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The head to head record isn't surprising but I do think the Titans have done a good job to junk up our game the last few years. They get us playing down to their level as well as any team in the comp.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Mattpoet wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:06 am Yeah, no point naming state leagues on Tuesday, they have no idea which NRL players they're getting yet
Well, they'd have SOME idea...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A bit of hyperbole perhaps but my point is valid. They don't know exactly who they're getting so there's no real point naming teams on the Tuesday
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lucas wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:55 pm For mine, it is stupid that these team lists come out on a Tuesday. For what reason?
So the printers can get Big League and Rugby League Week out on to the stands by Thursday, oh wait...

RL just can't seem to move with the times, having said that, I'm sure clubs would still thumb their noses at everybody and name spoof teams when it suits.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No reason it can't be 48 hrs before gane time really
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:32 pm
Lucas wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:55 pm For mine, it is stupid that these team lists come out on a Tuesday. For what reason?
So the printers can get Big League and Rugby League Week out on to the stands by Thursday, oh wait...

RL just can't seem to move with the times, having said that, I'm sure clubs would still thumb their noses at everybody and name spoof teams when it suits.
Rugby League Week and Big League- great memories. Back in the 1980s when I followed the Sydney team CENSORED, I used to get RLW mailed to me every week here in Melbourne. Once the Storm came to town and I jumped on board, I loved buying Big League at the ground, and marking down the try-scorers and goal-kickers, penalties and scrums( though even by that stage the scrums were a waste of time).

It really is a great shame there is no weekly NRL publication. It does mean however that Tuesday selection is totally unnecessary. The AFL publish teams only two days before a game ( so for Sunday matches the teams are published on a Friday ) , so they are much more reliable.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

RobbieRoss wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:25 pm
Bullucked wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:32 pm

Rugby League Week and Big League- great memories. Back in the 1980s when I followed the Sydney team CENSORED, I used to get RLW mailed to me every week here in Melbourne. Once the Storm came to town and I jumped on board, I loved buying Big League at the ground, and marking down the try-scorers and goal-kickers, penalties and scrums( though even by that stage the scrums were a waste of time).

It really is a great shame there is no weekly NRL publication. It does mean however that Tuesday selection is totally unnecessary. The AFL publish teams only two days before a game ( so for Sunday matches the teams are published on a Friday ) , so they are much more reliable.
Back in the early days of the Storm's existence I very well remember the struggles trying to get a copy of Big League each week. I knew a particular newsagents that wasn't quite on the way to anywhere but i always seemed to find myself going past every Thursday night.

On a total different subject, gawd I'm glad I don't support Soufs. Last night was so frustrating with totally dumb, low (or zero) IQ plays, no effort or intestinal fortitude. They were in it up to their eyeballs at half time, 65 mins in and I just had to turn it off, totally peed off and hating the Panthers even more.

Thank God for the Storm
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can remember having big league on order at a newsagents close to work for years
Papenhuyzen23
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

24 hour update, Sua Fa’alogo and Dean Ieremia remain as the reserves … C’mon Bellamy we all see what’s coming ;) :lol:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can see Sua playing wing but I can also see both playing since Bellamy wants Sua to play the utility role
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is Dean our best bet at wing?
After the last few weeks I'm feeling less inspired with Meaney at centre, tough night for the fellow outside him.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Garlick and Ieremia will drop away. Surely.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So down to not a winger, not a first grader or the guy we gave a five year contract to. Bellamy is going to do the funniest thing.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm assuming Garlick and Ieremia are the two who miss since they're named in NSW cup and Sua is listed as an out
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shock horror Sua is on the wing, Wishart drops to the bench. Garlick is 18th man. Ieremia is out.